Quick and Easy Meatballs and Cheesy Noodles
Nothing says ambition quite like shopping at Gordon Foods and purchasing a big bag of meatballs for a family of three. Thinking I had spaghetti sauce in my cupboard, I was all set up to make a delicious meal. Unfortunately, I was mistaken and left scratching my head trying to figure out what to make. Since I was in the mood for pasta, I thought I would whip up some homemade mac and cheese and pair it with the meatballs. What a tasty combination!
This is an easy dinner dish, reminiscent of Rachael Ray's classic, 30 Minute Meals. In about half an hour, you'll have a delicious meal the whole family will love!
- 3 cups Amish egg noodles
- 24 frozen meatballs
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 4-6 slices monterey jack jalapeño pepper cheese, optional, you could swap this ingredient out with your favorite cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Fill a large saucepan with water. Bring it to a boil and add the noodles. Cook noodles until tender.
- Drain the water from your noodles. In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add flour and cook, stirring for 2 minutes. Do not brown.
- Stir in the milk, salt, and pepper. Cook until smooth and thickened.
- Slowly pour the sauce onto your noodles. Stir well.
- Add the cheese and stir.
- Pour cheesy noodles into a baking pan. Sprinkle a little extra shredded cheese on top if desired.
- Bake uncovered for 25 minutes.
- Place frozen meatballs in a separate baking pan and place them in oven. Cook 25 minutes or until the internal temperature is 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spoon generous helpings of cheesy noodles into bowls and top with six meatballs per bowl.
Photo GuideClick thumbnail to view full-size
© 2020 Alyssa