How to Make Canned Ravioli Explode With Flavor
Can you make canned ravioli taste better?
I'm fixing to tell you something. You probably won't believe you can make canned ravioli taste like it's homemade. I'll show you how to make it scrumptious with this easy method. I used to think I was making a dish taste better if I added a dollop of butter to it. I found out it wasn't (always) true.
When you don't have the time to prepare sauce and noodles from scratch or just don't feel like investing a lot of time cooking, try this! I'm sure you and your family will enjoy it. They won't believe you when you tell them, "It's canned ravioli!"
- 1 large and 1 small can of meat ravioli
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1" thick chunk Velveeta cheese, melted
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 can or jar favorite spaghetti sauce
- 1/4 tsp salt, to taste
- Cheese toppings: Parmesan, cheddar, or mozzarella cheese, optional
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a skillet, sauté the onions, garlic, salt, and ground beef until the meat is brown.
- Drain the grease from the skillet.
- Pour the meat mixture into a casserole dish.
- Open the canned ravioli and spaghetti sauce. Pour everything over the meat mixture.
- Melt Velveeta cheese and add it to the casserole dish. Mix everything together gently, as the noodles are already very soft.
- Cover the dish with foil and poke a few holes on top. Put it in the oven for about 15-20 minutes, or until the cheese bubbles.
- Remove the dish from the oven and remove the foil. Sprinkle your favorite cheese and toppings on top. Otherwise, you can pull the dish out 5-10 minutes before the cooking time ends and add the cheese on the dish to melt then.
What should I serve with the ravioli?
1. Crusty Garlic Bread
What used to be a bland can of Ravioli has evolved into a fabulous meal! I served it on paper plates because I didn't feel like washing dishes. This meal was so easy to fix, and the only dishes I had to clean up were the pan and spoon used to sauté the ground beef and onions. Oh, and the forks. I would have used plastic ones, but I didn't have any. How lazy can a person get? Life is good!
2. Simple Salad
Your simple canned ravioli meal is now an extravagant meal! I also added a side salad. We all know how easy a salad is to make. Nowadays, you can buy lettuce already cut up with all the fixings in a bag! WOW! Canned ravioli and salad from a bag. Times sure have changed since my time.
What made me fix this for dinner?
I had one of those days where it just wasn't in me to cook that night. I had not gone to the grocery store in a couple of days, so there was nothing in the freezer worth cooking. All I had was one pound of ground beef and a hunk of cheese in the fridge. That wasn't enough to feed five people.
I pulled out the ground beef and looked in the cabinet to see if anything could turn these ingredients into something to feed everyone. Well, I found the canned ravioli and went from there! After I put everything together and slid the meal in the oven, I felt better about dinner. I began looking for some more things to add to this meal. I found a bag of lettuce and some frozen garlic bread rolls. Voilà!
Thank you for coming by!
Please let me know if you have any questions, and I hope you enjoyed this recipe!
Would you try this recipe?
Questions & Answers
© 2011 Ramona