Chicken and Stuffing Bake
Sometimes good old Stove Top stuffing hits the spot. With this recipe you'll really hit the spot with it's combination of baked chicken, stuffing, swiss or cheddar cheese and cream soup. It will have you saying "Winner, winner, chicken dinner"! It's the ultimate comfort food chicken casserole, and it's quick and easy to make. Following, you'll find all the ingredients you need for this easy recipe, the recipe itself, a step-by-step photo guide for preparing this dinner, fun facts, a poll, and more, so keep on reading...
Recipe Rating for Chicken Recipe
Moms are always looking for simple recipes that are delicious and easy to make. We have chicken for dinner several times a week, so I'm always on the lookout for an easy recipe and different ways to make chicken. This easy chicken casserole recipe fits the bill! It’s prepared, baked and served all in the same dish, so that scores big points for easy to prepare and for easy cleanup!
Another reason I like this particular casserole is because it's just as easy to make for a family dinner as it is to make for a crowd for a party. For a party you would just double or triple the recipe. And to make party cleanup easy, bake the chicken dinner casserole in disposable aluminum pans!
This easy recipe calls for only 4 ingredients, and best of all they are ingredients you can keep on hand all the time. To make this recipe you'll need boxed stuffing mix, canned cream soup, cheese, and boneless, skinless chicken breasts. I always keep extra Stove Top stuffing mix and canned creamed soup on hand to make this recipe at a moments notice. It's an easy go-to chicken dinner when you just don't feel like thinking about what to make for dinner tonight. I also keep plenty of frozen chicken breasts in the freezer. I can whip this together and have it ready to go into the oven in about ten minutes. After you make this chicken dinner casserole a few times it'll become as quick and easy for you to make too! I bake it in a . The four recipe ingredients you'll need for this recipe are: Pyrex dish about 13x9 size
- Boneless chicken breasts
- Cream of broccoli soup
- Sliced Swiss cheese
- Stove-top stuffing mix
Chicken Dinner Ingredient #1 Boneless Chicken Breast
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts. You can use fresh or frozen chicken breasts, if you use fresh you will have to cook the casserole for a longer period of time. You can buy frozen chicken breasts in the froze food section at Walmart or Target in a 2.5lb package that's perfect for this recipe.
Chicken Dinner Ingredient #2 Cream of Broccoli Soup
Campbell Cream of Broccoli Soup. Actually, you can use any cream soup. At different times I've used cream of broccoli soup, cream of chicken soup and cream of mushroom soup. If you use cream of broccoli soup you might even want to add some cooked broccoli to your chicken dinner casserole before putting it in the oven. Sometimes I'll serve broccoli on the side when we have have this dish for dinner.
Chicken Dinner Ingredient #3 Sliced Swiss Cheese
Deli Slices of Swiss Cheese. I suggest using pre-packaged deli slices of Swiss cheese because they are convenient and have a long shelf time in the refrigerator. Kraft and Land O' Lakes are two companies that offer the deli packages in the refrigerated section of your grocery store. You can also use a block of cheese like Cracker Barrel Baby Swiss and grate it for your casserole, it just takes longer and makes more work for you.
Chicken Dinner Ingredient #4 Stove Top Stuffing Mix
Stove Top Chicken Stuffing Mix. Our family prefers the Stove Top Chicken flavored stuffing mix, but you can certainly use any of the Stove Top Stuffing Mix flavors for this recipe. Some of the other Stove Top flavors are cornbread, pork, turkey, and sage. Any of them would work well for this chicken dinner, it's a matter of personal preference.
- 6 Boneless Chicken Breasts, sliced into bite-site servings
- 1 can Campbells Cream of Broccoli Soup
- 1 Box Stove Top Stuffing Mix Chicken
- Slices Swiss Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare the Stove Top stuffing mix according to the directions on the package, very easy to do in the microwave!
- Slice the chicken breasts into bite size slices and place in a 9x13 baking dish.
- Pour the soup over the chicken. Add a little water or milk to thin soup and make it easier to mix. Mix chicken and soup until well coated. Spread the chicken out evenly in dish.
- Layer the slices of Swiss cheese over chicken mixture.
- Top cheese with prepared Stove Top stuffing and spread evenly.
- Cover with foil, bake at 350 degrees F for 40-45 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Chicken Dinner Recipe - Photo Step by Step
Chicken Breasts - Which Do You Buy?
Do you buy boneless chicken breasts or do you bone them yourself?
- Over 60 million boxes of Stove Top stuffing are sold for Thanksgiving in America!
- Perdue Chicken Company sells over $6 billion dollars of it's products each year.
- According to the American Cancer Society, broccoli can help prevent cancer. Broccoli is a member of the cabbage family and is considered a good source of nutrients. Broccoli is rich in vitamin C fiber and folate and a good source of phytochemicals that have anticancer properties.
- You can purchase stock in Campbell Soup Company directly through the company.
© 2012 MomsTreasureChest