Twisted Tater Tot Casserole Recipe
Recently, I had hamburger thawing in the refrigerator. I was planning on fixing tacos or a cheesy helper later in the week. Well, that day came and no one in my house was hungry for tacos, and I realized that I didn't have everything needed for a cheesy helper. Scrambling around my kitchen for inspiration, I laid eyes on a bag of frozen tater tots. Light bulb. Why not combine two delicious ingredients into one amazing dish? I recruited my husband, and this twisted casserole was born.
This is a simple, delicious dish that is perfect for those busy days when you don't have a ton of time to spend in the kitchen. A bit of prep time, throw it in the oven, and within an hour, you will have a tasty dinner your whole family will love!
- 1-3 lbs. Hamburger
- 1 bag Tater Tots, I like Ore Ida Crispy Crowns.
- 2 small cans Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 medium Onion
- Salt and Pepper, optional
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place half of the tater tots in the oven and cook until brown.
- Brown hamburger in a skillet over medium heat, seasoning with salt and pepper if desired.
- Dice onion.
- Drain grease from hamburger and add onion. Stir. Cook for 5-7 minutes or until onion is almost see through.
- Add cream of mushroom soup. Stir well. Allow to cook for a few minutes to warm the soup.
- Coat a 13 X 9 baking pan with cooking spray.
- Spread cooked tater tots flat in the baking pan.
- Spread hamburger mixture on top of tater tots.
- Sprinkle a few frozen tater tots on top.
- Bake in oven for 25 minutes. Tater tots on top will be golden brown.
Steps 5 and 6
Steps 8 - 11Click thumbnail to view full-size
Add ketchup on the side if desired. This dish pairs wonderfully with cooked corn on the cob.
Questions & Answers
© 2017 Alyssa