In my spare time, I enjoy playing video games, reading, cooking, baking, and taking photos while I am bird watching.
I am not a professional chef by any stretch of the imagination. So all I want is really basic recipes that taste really good. Below I have very basic recipes for your slow cooker. For example, my recipe for Honey Garlic ribs has only 2 ingredients.
When I first got my slow cooker I went online looking for recipes. Some would have a huge list of ingredients. Others would have way too long of prep time or ingredients that I had never even heard of, or things I knew I did not like the taste of (I hate cream of anything soup). If you have a very easy and delicious recipe for a slow cooker I'd love to see it.
Honey Garlic Ribs
- 1 2lbs Package of Fresh Pork Back or Side Ribs
- 1 Jar of VH Honey Garlic Cooking Sauce
If you want a larger serving you can buy more ribs, you will just need to add another jar of VH sauce.
Take the meat out of the package and cut it after every 4 bones.
Put the ribs in a large Ziploc freezer bag. Pour in the jar of honey garlic sauce. Seal the bag and then shake it a little. Then put them in the fridge to marinate.
When ready empty the contents from the freezer bag into your slow cooker.
Read More From Delishably
If you need to, you can add some water to help cover the ribs. Set your slow cooker to low and cook it for 5 hours.
When they are done, you will have delicious, fall off the bone ribs.
- 2 lbs of Stewing Veal
- 4 Potatoes
- 5 Carrots
- 1 Onion
- 1 package of Clubhouse Slow Cookers Beef Stew
- 1 1/3 cups of water
- The veal should come in a package already cut to size.
- Peel the potatoes and carrots.
- Then cut them into approximately 1-inch cubes. (For an even easier recipe you buy potatoes in a can and baby carrots in a bag).
- Cut the onion into large pieces (that way they provide flavor but are easy to remove if you don't like to eat them).
- Place the veal, potatoes, carrots, and onion into your slow cooker.
- Take your package of Clubhouse slow cookers beef stew and 1 1/3 cups of water and mix them together. Then pour this over the food in the slow cooker and stir it up.
- You can cook this for 8 hours on low or for 4 hours on high.
- You can use stewing beef instead I recommend the stewing veal as I have found that turns out much better.
- 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 Jar of Kraft Zesty Italian Salad Dressing
- Put the chicken in a large Ziploc freezer bag.
- Pour in the jar of Italian dressing.
- Put in the fridge overnight to marinate (you can skip marinating and put directly in the slow cooker if you want).
- When ready empty the contents from the freezer bag into your slow cooker.
- Set your slow cooker to low and cook it for 4–5 hours (depending on how thick the chicken is).
- You will have a really juicy delicious chicken. You can use the chicken for a meal, Cook some extra chicken and put it in the fridge. You can chop it up to put in a salad. It also is great to use it in a tortilla wrap for a lunch.
This is a great low-calorie dish made even better if you use the Calorie Wise Kraft Zesty Italian Salad Dressing.
Slow Cooker Recommendation
If you haven't bought a Crockpot or slow cooker yet, I will let you learn from my mistake. I went out just looking for the cheapest one available. While one with no extra functions will get the job done. Extra functions can be very helpful if you want to cook things overnight or while you are at work.
The first one I bought only had a switch on it for off, low, high, and warm. When I wanted to cook a stew overnight I found it would have been much easier if I had one that was programmable. Then I could set it to cook it for the required time and then switch itself to warming mode. That way I could have slept through the night without worrying about overcooking or burning it.
© 2013 Whatsittoyou