A Four-Ingredient Crispy Batter Recipe for Anything and Everything
I love eating fried foods that have a crunchy coating. I find that crunchy fried foods are best served with homemade gravy, ketchup, or sweet and sour sauce. Nothing can't really beat this kind of cheat meal. Everybody truly enjoys eating fried foods—even if the foods are high in cholesterol and fat.
This crispy batter recipe can be used when cooking any kind of food such as fruits, vegetables, chicken, pork, and beef. Want to know the four ingredients needed to make a light and crispy batter? Let me show you!
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 3/4 cups Water
- 1 tablespoon Baking Powder
- 2 teaspoon Salt
Did you know that you can make use of any bubbly drinks like club soda or beer when making a light batter?
- 2 Large Bowls
- 2 Small Bowls
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Store the mix in a sealed container for future use.
Did you know that over-mixing a batter will cause the development of the gluten that makes the food rubbery rather than crunchy?
Give the Mix Some Twists!
- Add herbs for the aroma and additional tastes.
- Dust with cheese for a cheesy and saltier flavor.
- Whisk in some freshly cracked black pepper, cayenne, or paprika for some kick.
- Garlic or onion powder can also be added for additional flavor.
- Most seasonings can be added to this so that you can adjust the flavor of the batter to a particular meal, type of meat, or occasion.
Questions & Answers
© 2018 Dred Cuan