Best Casserole Recipes: Main and Side Dishes
This is a popular casserole and really easy to make. You do not have to hand shred the potatoes, it uses frozen hash browns. I am all for easy and this is one of those recipes. It's a great side dish with any meal, it's similar to the one you get at the Cracker Barrel Restaurant.
- 2 pounds frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1-10 1/2 ounce can cream of chicken soup
- 16-ounces sour cream
- 3/4 cup butter, melted, divided
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 cup cornflakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix the soup, sour cream, butter, cheese, and salt together.
- Add the hash brown potatoes and onion.
- Spread into a 9-inch x 13-inch dish.
- Mix the cornflakes and ¼ cup butter, spread over top of the potato mixture.
- Bake for 1 hour.
Sweet Potato Casserole With Crunchy Pecan Topping
Sweet potato casserole is a great side dish for the holidays. It's topped with a toasted crunchy pecan topping. You are sure to get requests for this delicious recipe!
- 3 cups cooked sweet potatoes, whipped with an electric mixer
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/3 stick of butter
- Mix mashed sweet potatoes, 1 stick butter, sugar, salt, milk, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- Pour in 9-inch x 13-inch Buttered casserole dish.
- Mix topping ingredients and sprinkle on top of potatoes.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about an hour.
Viva Chicken Enchilada Casserole
Our granddaughter Lindsey, made this yummy recipe while she was
staying with us one summer. It's great when the grand kids can cook for you.
We made this casserole disappear quickly and was looking for more!
Serve with a tossed salad and Spanish rice.
I am sure you will enjoy this as much as we did!
- 1 whole chicken, cooked, deboned, chopped
- 1-10 ½ ounce can cream chicken soup
- 1-10 ½ ounce can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 small can black olives
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 package corn tortillas, 12 count
- 1 ½ cups Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Sauté the onion in 1 teaspoon oil.
- Combine soups, chicken, milk, salsa, onion, and olives.
- I like to soften my tortillas in oil, but not needed.
- In a 9-inch x 13-inch pan put a layer of tortillas.
- Cover with half of chicken mix.
- Cover with half of cheese.
- Repeat layers ending with cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 45 minutes or until bubbly.
- I like to bake my chicken instead of boil, I think it has more flavor.
- You could also use a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store.
Cube Steak Casserole
Cube steak casserole is delicious served over rice, noodles or served alone.
It also freezes well and is quick for those nights you do not have
time to prepare a full meal, add a dinner salad and you have a great
- 2 cubed steaks, ½ to ¾ inch thick
- ¼ to ½ cup butter or margarine
- ¼ cup onion, chopped
- 3-10 ½ ounce cans cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1-2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- dash of paprika
- salt and pepper
- flour for dredging steak cubes about ¼ to ½ cup
- Remove fat from cubed steak.
- Cut steaks into cubes, about ½ or ¾ inch size.
- Salt, pepper and dredge meat cubes in flour.
- Place butter or margarine in a large regular or electric skillet, heat until melted.
- Brown steak in melted butter or margarine.
- Add onions, cream of mushroom soup, sour cream, Worcestershire sauce, and paprika to meat.
- Cook on low heat, about 1 hour.
- Serve over rice, noodles or alone.
- Use cubed steak, sirloin or round steak, all will work well.
- Add fresh mushrooms if you like!
Green Chilies Enchilada Casserole
Green chilies casserole recipe was given to me by a lifetime friend. Just
add a large garden salad and you have a delicious meal, leftovers are
even better, if you have any! This makes a large dish, great for pot luck
or family gatherings.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- fajita seasoning
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2-10 ½ ounce cans of cream of chicken soup
- 4 cups or more Monterrey Jack, Colby or Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2-4 ounce green chilies
- 2 large cans evaporated milk
- 20 or more corn tortillas
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place a small amount of oil in a skillet and heat each tortilla until softened.
- Using another large skillet brown ground beef that has been seasoned with fajita seasoning, do not over brown.
- Mix in a medium saucepan, 2 cans cream of chicken soup, evaporated milk and green chilies; add browned beef.
- Heat mixture until hot and blended.
- In a 9-inch x 13-inch pan or glass dish, layer 10 or more tortillas in bottom of pan.
- Top tortillas with ½ of soup and milk mixture and ½ of cheese.
- Repeat layers.
- Bake uncovered for 30 to 45 minutes.
- This casserole freezes well. Thaw in refrigerator overnight, then about 1 hour before cooking set out at room temperature.
Eggplant casserole is loaded with green pepper, onions, mushrooms, garlic, mozzarella and Parmesan cheese and other ingredients. It's a great side dish with many types of meats such as chicken, pork or beef, add a green vegetable or salad for a complete meal.
- 1 large eggplant
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons Canola oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- ½ pound mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups tomato puree
- 1/3 cup sugar
- ½ cup red wine
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces Mozzarella cheese
- extra Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon oregano
- In a medium size saucepan sauté onion, green pepper, and mushroom in 1 tablespoon oil.
- Add tomato puree, sugar, wine, garlic salt, black pepper, and oregano.
- Simmer sauce for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel, slice and cut eggplant in finger like pieces and dip in egg and then in Parmesan cheese.
- Brown in 2 tablespoons hot oil, turning until golden on all sides.
- Place eggplant in 1 ½ quart casserole in layers.
- First put 3 tablespoon sauce to coat bottom of dish.
- Add 1/3 of eggplant, 1/3 sauce, and 1/3 Mozzarella.
- Repeat layers using all ingredients, ending with Mozzarella.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over top.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 45 minutes.
Watching Your Weight Green Bean Casserole
Are you looking for some healthy side dishes for the holidays? This green bean casserole would be a good choice. You can put it together quick with frozen or canned green bean and Healthy Request cream of mushroom soup.
Enjoy the holidays and don’t feel guilty for eating this delicious casserole!
- 2-9-ounce bags frozen green beans, thawed
- 1-10 1/2 ounce can Campbell's Healthy Request Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- 1-3.5 ounce can Real Bak'd Onion Pieces, divided
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce or soy sauce, optional they are high in sodium
- In a 1 1/2-quart casserole, mix frozen or canned green beans, Healthy Request Cream of Mushroom Soup, milk, black pepper, Worcestershire sauce or soy sauce and ½ can of Real Bak’d Onion Pieces.
- Bake the casserole uncovered for 30 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit or until hot; stir.
- Top the green bean casserole with remaining 1/2 can of Real Bak'd Onion Pieces.
- Bake an extra 5 minutes.
- 1 1/2 WW points per serving
- My use 2-15 ounce cans no salt added green beans, drained
- Use products called for so your Weight Watcher Points will be correct.