Pizza Recipes: Bread Pizza Cups
Bread Pizza Cups
Bread Pizza Cups Are a Yummy After-School Snack
These bite-sized bread pizza cups are very attractive and scrumptious. I made these for breakfast and served them to my teenage son. He liked them a lot. These pizza cups were crunchy, cheesy, and super delicious.
Here, just like making any other pizza, you have to chop veggies, gather seasonings, get pizza sauce, and grated mozzarella cheese. But, in this variation, you are using bread instead of a pizza dough base. This pizza is made not in an oven but in a special pan.
I made these pizza cups very quickly and served instantly. They were very delicious and nutritious as well. I used wheat bread to make the pizza cups.
Other Variation: You can also make bread pizza by using a whole slice of bread. This is something you can make on a regular flat pan. All the other steps remain the same as making pizza cups. I have shown one or two such pieces here below.
Now, I will share a detailed recipe for making bread pizza cups. Try this easy recipe and enjoy eating!
- 8 bread slices, I used whole wheat bread, you can use any bread variety
- 1 cup mixed veggie-cubes, 1/2 onion, 1/2 capsicum, 1/2 tomato (seeded), a few pineapple pieces
- a small slab mozzarella cheese, or as per taste
- 2 tbsp Italian seasonings
- 6 tbsp pizza sauce
- 3-4 tsp butter
- salt to taste, optional
- pepper powder, optional, to taste
Step-By-Step Instructions and Images For Making Bread Pizza Cups
- Take bread slices. Gently roll them a little with the help of a rolling pin. If the bread is too dry, sprinkle very little water, so that you can easily roll them.
- This is mainly to make bread slices firm. You can make a few bread pizza cups at a time.
- Place a round lid on the bread slice. Chop the extra bread portion that is outside the lid. This will form a round bread. Reserve the chopped portions to make cutlets or any other snack.
- Apply butter on the slice. Place it on the special pan depression in such a way that butter portion touches the pan.
- Refer the pic for perfection. Press a little in the center for making a proper cup
- Add some pizza sauce to each such cup shape. Next, add some vegetable cubes. Turn on the heat.
- Spread grated cheese generously on the top. Sprinkle Italian seasonings, a bit salt-pepper powder mix.
- Cover the pan with an appropriate lid. Keep the heat medium-low. Check the pizza occasionally to see whether it is done.
- Once the edges turn golden brown and the cheese melts, it is an indication that you have to turn off the heat.
- Remove the cups with the help of a spoon. Place them on a serving plate. These pizza cups are super crunchy and delicious snacks to gobble.
- Serve them hot. Have the fun!
Nutritional Information of Bread Pizza Cups
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||36|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 4 g||6%|
|Saturated fat 1 g||5%|
|Carbohydrates 16 g||5%|
|Sugar 1 g|
|Fiber 2 g||8%|
|Protein 3 g||6%|
|Cholesterol 1 mg|
|Sodium 52 mg||2%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|