Quick and Easy Bread Pizza Cups
Bread Pizza Cups Are a Yummy Anytime Snack
I made these bread pizza cups for breakfast and served them to my teenage son. He thought they were scrumptious! We all agreed that they are crunchy, cheesy, and super delicious.
Just like when you make a traditional pizza, you will need to chop veggies, gather seasonings, get pizza sauce, and grate mozzarella cheese. In my variation, however, we use sliced bread instead of a pizza dough base. Another difference is that we cook the pizza in a pan rather than in the oven.
These pizza cups can be prepared very quickly. They are also very nutritious when you use wheat bread (which is my preference).
I usually prepare these pizza cups in a special pan called a paddu, which is traditionally used to prepare Indian paddu. Don't worry if you don't own one of these pans, though. You can also use a regular flat pan, and I have included a photo showing that, as well.
Now, I will share the recipe. Try these delicious pizza cups today!
- 8 bread slices, I used whole wheat bread, you can use any bread variety
- 1 cup mixed veggie-cubes, 1/2 onion, 1/2 capsicum, 1/2 tomato (seeded), a few pineapple pieces
- A small slab mozzarella cheese, or as per taste
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasonings
- 6 tablespoons pizza sauce
- 3-4 teaspoons butter
- Salt to taste, optional
- Pepper powder, optional, to taste
- Take bread slices. Gently roll them a little with the help of a rolling pin. If the bread is too dry, sprinkle very little water, so that you can easily roll them.
- This is mainly to make bread slices firm. You can make a few bread pizza cups at a time.
- Place a round lid on the bread slice. Chop the extra bread portion that is outside the lid. This will form around bread. Reserve the chopped portions to make cutlets or any other snack.
- Apply butter on the slice. Place it on the special pan depression in such a way that the butter portion touches the pan.
- Refer the pic for perfection. Press a little in the center for making a proper cup
- Add some pizza sauce to each such cup shape. Next, add some vegetable cubes. Turn on the heat.
- Spread grated cheese generously on the top. Sprinkle Italian seasonings, a bit salt-pepper powder mix.
- Cover the pan with an appropriate lid. Keep the heat medium-low. Check the pizza occasionally to see whether it is done.
- Once the edges turn golden brown and the cheese melts, it is an indication that you have to turn off the heat.
- Remove the cups with the help of a spoon. Place them on a serving plate. These pizza cups are super crunchy and delicious snacks to gobble.
- Serve them hot. Enjoy!
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||36|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 4 g||6%|
|Saturated fat 1 g||5%|
|Carbohydrates 16 g||5%|
|Sugar 1 g|
|Fiber 2 g||8%|
|Protein 3 g||6%|
|Cholesterol 1 mg|
|Sodium 52 mg||2%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|