Rajan loves cooking dishes from his native Indian cuisine. He enjoys sharing his favourite recipes with his online readers.
Stuffed pizza rolls are a twist on the potato bread rolls that are a very popular snack in India. Stuffed pizza rolls are easy to make at home, and they are just as delicious as traditional pizza. Children and adults alike love this snack.
In our household we deep-fry these rolls, but if you prefer you can bake or air-fry them instead. Note, however, that they may not turn out as crispy as the deep-fried version.
I hope you try this yummy snack and share your experience.
Read More From Delishably
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
1 hour 15 min
4 stuffed pizza rolls
- 4 slices bread slices, brown or white
- 2 tbsp chopped button mushrooms
- 2 tbsp frozen/boiled fresh corn
- 2 tbsp chopped onion
- 2 tbsp chopped bell pepper
- 2 tsp pizza suace
- 1/4 tsp black pepper powder
- 1/4 tsp red chilli flakes
- 1/4 tsp salt, or to taste
- 2 tbsp mozarella cheese
- water, as needed
- 2 tbsp maida (all-purpose flour)
- In a mixing bowl, combine the chopped mushrooms, onion, bell pepper and corn.
- Add in the pizza sauce, red chilli flakes, black pepper powder, salt and mozarella cheese. Stir until the ingredients are well combined. The stuffing is ready.
- Dip one slice of bread very briefly in a bowl of water and then press the slice between the palms to squeeze out all the excess water. Take care not to tear the slice.
- Put about one-quarter of the stuffing in the centre of the wet bread slice, fold the corners of the bread over it and shape it into a roll, ensuring that the stuffing is completely sealed in. Place the roll on a plate and prepare the remaining three rolls similarly.
- Prepare the flour slurry: Combine the all-purpose flour and add water as needed to prepare a smooth and thin but not watery slurry.
- Take one bread roll and brush the flour slurry all over it. Carefully lower it in medium-hot oil and deep-fry it until it turns golden and crisp. Fry the remaining rolls as well.
- Serve the stuffed pizza rolls with tomato sauce or mint chutney.
Stuffed Pizza Rolls Using Sliced Bread
© 2021 Rajan Singh Jolly