Liza is a homemaker. She has an obsession with coffee and loves photography, baking, cooking, and writing.
Pizza Is America's Favorite Comfort Food
Perhaps not surprisingly, pizza is among the top 10 comfort foods in the United States. I love pizza as much as the next person, and I especially love it in the wintertime. The cold winter months are the perfect time for comforting home-cooked meals. Homemade pizza is not only economical, but you can easily customize it by adding your favorite toppings.
My Go-To Pizza Crust
This recipe is my go-to pizza crust whenever I want a homemade pizza quick. It never fails me, and it works out great on busy weeknights. By the way, the dough can be stored in the freezer for months. All you have to do is wrap it nice and tight with cling wrap. When you're ready to make the pizza, take the dough out, thaw it, and start rolling again.
Plant-Based Beyond Beef
My first trial with Beyond Beef as a pizza topping worked out really well. I thought the plant-based meat was delicious, and I think it's the best solution for people who want to decrease the amount of red meat in their diet. The patties are made from plant-based protein that is soy-free, gluten-free, and 100% vegan.
I hope you will try the recipe and love it as much as we do!
For the yeast mixture:
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
For the dough:
- 4 cups bread flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
For the topping:
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan or mozzarella cheese
- 1 to 2 cups pasta sauce of your choice (I used marinara sauce)
- 1 medium bowl veggies (mushroom, green and yellow bell pepper, white or red onions, olive, and jalapeño or serrano thinly sliced)
- 1 plant-based Beyond Beef patty
Read More From Delishably
- In a mixing bowl, combine the warm water, yeast, and sugar. Let the mixture dissolve for 5 minutes.
- Add the bread flour, salt, and olive oil in the yeast mixture and beat the mixture at a lower speed for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Continue mixing for another 5 minutes at a medium speed, or until it is all combined.
- Transfer the dough onto a baking mat or floured surface.
- Knead the dough for 1 to 2 minutes before putting it on a greased bowl. Cover the bowl with a cloth and let it rest for 1 hour to let it double in size.
- Pre-heat the oven at 425°F.
- Transfer the dough onto a floured surface and roll the dough using a rolling pin.
- Roll the dough into a 12-inch circle that is about 1/8-inch thick.
- Transfer the dough on a pizza baking pan. Use a spatula to spread the sauce evenly on the dough.
- Start topping the first dough with the shredded Parmesan, cheddar, and sliced veggies.
- Break up the Beyond Beef patty into small pieces and scatter on the top of the other topping.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the crust has turned golden brown.
- Cut into slices and serve warm.
© 2020 Liza