Rajan writes to share his knowledge of health, yoga, pranayama, alternative therapies, natural remedies, food recipes, and more.
Pizza sauce is a tomato-based sauce that is used on pizza. Commercially sold pizza sauces contain preservatives and food colouring to make them shelf-stable and bright red; however, those additives can have a downside. Any chemical introduced into the body has the potential to affect health.
Fortunately, it's very easy to make your own pizza sauce at home. Not only is the process quick and easy, but it's also cheaper than buying it at the store.
This pizza sauce is prepared with fresh tomatoes. Try it and share your experience in the comments section below.
Read More From Delishably
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 500 grams fresh tomatoes
- 1 litre water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 2 tablespoons kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons tomato ketchup, we have used homemade
- Make 2 cuts on each tomato at the stem end. Immerse the tomatoes in boiling water and boil for 3 minutes; then transfer them to a bowl of chilled water and let them cool down. Once they've cooled, peel away the skin.
- Chop the peeled tomatoes into smaller pieces and blend them to a coarse puree. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan or wok on low heat. Add the chopped garlic and saute for 1-2 minutes. Do not let their colour change.
- Add the chopped onions and saute until translucent, about 2 minutes.
- Add in the tomato puree and mix well. Add in the salt, stir again, and cover with a lid. Cook for 8-10 minutes on low heat.
- Add the remaining ingredients: black pepper powder, Kashmiri red chilli powder, Italian seasoning, and the tomato ketchup/sauce. Mix well and cook until the sauce is thick. Keep the heat on low, do not cover, and stir constantly.
- After 2-3 minutes, the sauce should have thickened and the visible water should have cooked off. Transfer the sauce to a bowl and let it cool down completely.
- Store the pizza sauce in an airtight bottle or jar and place it in the refrigerator. It will keep well for up to a couple of months.
Homemade Pizza Sauce Recipe With Fresh Tomatoes
© 2020 Rajan Singh Jolly