Quick Homemade Veggie Pizza Recipe
Everyone Loves Pizza!
Pizza is one of the most famous savory dishes in the world. Everybody loves eating pizza while they are watching TV at home with their family. The round, flat dough is usually topped with tomato sauce, cheese, and various other toppings such as chicken, pepperoni, veggies, and much more.
My Pizza Experience In Italy
Italy is the place to go for the most authentic and tasty pizza, right? Back when I was studying in Italy, the local pizzeria was the best place to eat and hang out with my classmate. A slice of pizza only cost €0.80, and the best part was that you could choose different toppings for the same price. Every day we returned to the same place to buy a slice of pizza during our lunch break.
Save Money by Making Your Own
After I moved to the United States, I noticed that my husband liked to order pizza whenever we felt too lazy to cook. However, I realized that the cost of ordering pizza was adding up, so I decided to try making it at home. Not only is it much cheaper, but you can add as many toppings as you want without extra charge!
Quick Pizza for a Family Dinner
This recipe is my go-to pizza crust whenever I want a homemade pizza quick. It never fails me, and it works out great on busy weeknights. This recipe makes two pizzas, so it is perfect for a family dinner. The kids will love it! By the way, you are welcome to make homemade pizza sauce, too, but I decided to use pasta sauce that I bought from the store.
This homemade pizza crust is totally the best! I hope you will try it and like it as much as we do.
Prep Time: 1-2 hours (including proofing time)
Total Time: 2 hours and 30 minutes
Makes: 2 pizzas
For the yeast mixture:
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
For the dough:
- 4 cups bread flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
For the topping:
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan or mozzarella cheese
- 1-2 cup pasta sauce of your choice (I used roasted red pepper sauce)
- 1 cup veggies (mushroom, green and red bell pepper, white or red onions, olive, and jalapeño, thinly sliced)
- In a mixing bowl, combine the warm water, yeast, and sugar. Let the mixture dissolve for 5 minutes.
- Add the bread flour, salt, and olive oil in the yeast mixture and beat the mixture at a lower speed for 1-2 minutes.
- Continue mixing for another 5 minutes at a medium speed, or until it is all combined.
- Transfer the dough onto a baking mat or floured surface.
- Knead the dough for 1-2 minutes before putting it on a greased bowl. Cover the bowl with a cloth and let it rest for 1 hour to let it double in size.
- Pre-heat the oven at 425°F.
- Transfer the dough onto a floured surface and divide it into 2 equal pieces.
- Roll each piece on a lightly floured surface into a 12-inch circle that is about 1/8-inch thick.
- Transfer the dough on a pizza baking pan. Use a spatula to spread the sauce evenly on the dough.
- Start topping the first dough with the shredded Parmesan, cheddar, and sliced veggies. Do the same with another dough.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the crust has turned golden brown.
- Slice and enjoy it!
Photo TutorialClick thumbnail to view full-size
Questions & Answers
© 2019 Liza