Cooking is one of my passions. I like to make nutritious and tasty foods at home without using preservatives and artificial colors.
Home-Made Pizza Sauce
Pizza Sauce Is a Multi-Purpose Sauce
I never thought that making pizza sauce was so easy until I made it one morning. It took me about 20 minutes to make it from scratch.
This pizza sauce came out amazingly well. It was more flavorful, grainy, perfect to spread, and super delicious compared to the store-bought pizza sauce.
You can use this sauce not only for making pizza but also for pasta, as a side dish for snacks, as a spread for a sandwich, etc.
The main ingredients for making pizza sauce are tomatoes, olive oil, basil, garlic, and dried oregano. You will get a nice aroma while making this sauce.
Let me now share with you a detailed recipe for making pizza sauce.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
A small cup of pizza sauce
- 4 tomatoes, ripe and red, roughly chopped in small cubes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1-1 1/4 tbsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/4 tsp pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt, or as per taste
- 6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
Step-By-Step Instructions and Images for Making Pizza Sauce at Home
- Wash tomatoes. Finely chop them. Put them in a blender and make a puree. Don't grind it fully. Leave some pieces or chunks in the puree. This will give a proper texture to the sauce.
- Heat olive oil in a deep-bottomed non-stick pan. Add chopped garlic. Saute over low heat until they become brownish.
- Throw in chopped tomatoes. Increase the heat. Saute until tomatoes get cooked and start leaving oil on the edges. Lower the heat.
- Add dried oregano, red chili powder, pepper powder, sugar, chopped basil leaves, and salt. Mix well.
- Continue sauteing for two more minutes. Now, the sauce easily leaves the bottom. Turn off the heat.
- Collect the sauce in a bowl. Your favorite pizza sauce is ready! Keep it aside for cooling.
- Store it in an air-tight jar and keep in a refrigerator. It will stay fresh for 3–4 days.
- If you want to keep it for a longer period, store it in a freezer bag and deep-freeze it.
- Use this sauce as pizza spread or bread spread. It can be a tasty side dish and also, an ingredient to make snacks.
© 2018 ShailaSheshadri