I have enjoyed creating food and perfecting recipes in the kitchen since I was 10 years old. I prefer homemade over store-bought.
Pizza Without Tomato Sauce
Last night I was in the mood for pizza, but I didn't have tomato sauce of any kind. Looking at what food I did have, I decided to try out a white pizza. Instead of tomato sauce, it uses cheese as a base.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
1 medium pizza
Read More From Delishably
Note Regarding Prep and Cook Times
If you make your own pizza dough, more prep time is required. The above estimate is based on using a prepared unbaked crust.
- 1 medium prepared crust
- 2 to 4 ounces cream cheese or Neufchatel cheese
- 1/4 cup peppers, chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1/2 medium potato, diced
- 1/2 cup broccoli, frozen or pre-cooked
- 2 slices tomato, chopped
- 1 teaspoon desired seasoning
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- If you have an unbaked pizza crust, preheat the oven to 450 degrees. If it is already baked, preheat to 400 degrees.
- Saute the peppers, onion, garlic, broccoli and chopped potato. Add tomato, and cook a little longer.
- Season the vegetables with your choice of seasoning. I used Adobo seasoning, but garlic powder, herbs, or even taco seasoning would taste great.
- If you are using an unbaked crust, place it on a pizza pan or cookie sheet for about 7 minutes; then take it out and let it cool off. Turn the temperature down to 400 degrees.
- Once the crust is cool, spread it with cream cheese.
- Add cooked potatoes and vegetables.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Pop back into the oven for about 12 minutes, until cheese is melted
- Sprinkle some Parmesan cheese on the pizza and serve. Enjoy!