I love being in the kitchen, and I enjoy sharing tips with others.
Make a Tasty Meal With One Slice of Pizza
I love pizza, but I find that a single slice is a bit too much for a snack—and not quite enough to make a meal. I also find that reheating leftover pizza is never really satisfactory. If I heat it in the oven, it uses a lot of energy and dries the toppings. If I heat it in the microwave, it comes out soggy.
Here's how I solved all of these problems!
Gather Your Materials
Are you ready? Let's get cooking! You'll have a tasty meal in just 15 minutes.
- Small skillet with a lid
- Medium skillet with a lid
- Coconut oil (or the cooking oil of your choice)
- Grated cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 slice of pizza
Step 1: Prepare Your Pans
- Put a little cooking oil in each pan and place the pans over low-to-medium heat. Be careful not to set the heat too high. It's important to work gradually with this recipe and avoid burning.
- I like to put the larger skillet on the back burner and the smaller one on the front burner. I know my skillets look the same size in these pictures, but that's just perspective. The white skillet is actually quite a bit smaller than the dark one.
Step 2: Start Cooking!
- Break the eggs into the smaller pan and season to taste. I use a generous sprinkle of Cajun seasoning and a dash of curry powder. Put the lid on the pan.
- Place the slice of pizza in the larger pan. Sprinkle a little cheese on top. Put the lid on the pan.
- Set a timer for 3 1/2 minutes. Keep a close eye on your cooking and adjust the heat as needed to prevent scorching.
Read More From Delishably
Step 3: Combine the Ingredients
- After 3 1/2 minutes, your eggs will be partially solidified but not completely cooked. Remove the eggs from the heat and move the pan with the pizza to the front burner.
- Use a wide spatula to lift the eggs carefully onto the pizza, sprinkle with cheese and add spices if you wish. I like to use a little basil and oregano.
Step 4: Cover and Finish Cooking
- Put the lid on the skillet and cook for another 3 to 5 minutes. You'll know it's done when the eggs are to your liking. For soft eggs, cook for 3 more minutes. For thoroughly cooked eggs, cook for 5 more minutes.
- I like to warm my plate by propping it against the side of the skillet as shown in the pictures below.
Step 5: Serve and Enjoy!
When your eggs are done to your liking, carefully transfer to your warmed plate to the side. Be sure to use a potholder to prevent burning yourself. Use a wide spatula to transfer the pizza and eggs to the plate.
Crispy Crust and Perfectly Cooked Toppings
I really like this way of warming up pizza because the crust gets nice and crispy, and the toppings stay juicy and tasty. Surprisingly, it's easy to pick this pizza and egg dish up and eat it out-of-hand, just like a plain slice of pizza. The cheese makes the eggs stay in place, and it's a very satisfying meal.
I like to have a few radishes and olives as a simple salad side dish.