Jack is a volunteer at the CCNY Archives. Before retiring, he worked at IBM for over 28 years. As of 2/2020, Jack has over 100,000 views.
I am always looking for new ideas for simple meals. This is an easy and delicious meal that makes a great lunch or a hearty snack. It combines tasty ingredients for a low-carb diet plan.
- 1 Trader Joe's Cauliflower Pizza Crust
- Marinara sauce
- Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- Avocado, sliced
- Olive oil
- Follow the instructions on the cauliflower pizza crust package. Take care when flipping the pie over, as it breaks apart easily.
- Remove the pie from the oven. Spread a layer of marinara sauce.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top.
- Place slices of avocado all over.
- Add olive oil and salt on top.
- Bake in the oven at 450 degrees on a pan or grill for approximately 15 minutes.
- When finished, remove from the oven and sprinkle Parmesan cheese. Allow pizza to cool for a minute before slicing and serving.
How simple is that?
This simple recipe is low carb. The pizza is 10.6 oz and serves 2 people. It is only 17g of carb. according to the label. It takes approx. 30 minutes to cook in an oven.
© 2018 Jack Lee
RTalloni on January 03, 2019:
Okay, officially hungry now. Thanks for sharing your recipe.
Jack Lee (author) from Yorktown NY on January 03, 2019:
Liz, it is new and we have it at Trader Joe’s, a supermarket chain here in the US.
Liz Westwood from UK on January 03, 2019:
I have never heard of cauliflour pizza crust before. I hope it comes to the UK soon.
Ann810 from Sunny Cali on January 01, 2019:
Hi, nice healthy recipe for pizza alternative, I just recently begin eating califlower again, using it as a pizza crust is great. Thank you.