My passion for cooking leads me to travel to different places, eat authentic local dishes, and inspire everybody to enjoy their lives!
I love eating crunchy fried foods. Really, who doesn't? Even if they're high in cholesterol and fat, they're just so delightfully satisfying.
This crispy batter recipe can be used when cooking any kind of food, including fruits, vegetables, chicken, pork, and beef. Want to know the four ingredients needed to make a light and crispy batter? Let me show you!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, (optional)
Read More From Delishably
- 2 large bowls
- 2 small bowls
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
|Prep time||Ready in||Yields|
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Store the mix in a sealed container for future use.
Give the Mix Some Twists!
- Add herbs for the aroma and additional tastes.
- Dust with cheese for a cheesy and saltier flavor.
- Whisk in some freshly cracked black pepper, cayenne, or paprika for some kick.
- Garlic or onion powder can also be added for additional flavor.
- Most seasonings can be added to this so that you can adjust the flavor of the batter to a particular meal, type of meat, or occasion.
- Choose soda water or beer instead of plain water for an airy texture.
- Use enough amount of cooking oil when deep frying to avoid food sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Match with your favorite alcoholic drink to enjoy.
Sweet and Savory Recipes Using Four-Ingredient Crispy Batter
- How to Make Sweet Chili Popcorn Chicken
Check my sweet chili popcorn chicken recipe is inspired by KFC's popular snack. The combination of the sweetness and spiciness of the sauce will level up the flavor of this dish.
- How to Make Eggless Tropical Fruit Fritters
Try my eggless tropical fruit fritters using my homemade four-ingredient crispy batter recipe with a twist. This dish is best served as a dessert or as a snack.
© 2018 Travel Chef