10-Minute Spicy Onion Tomato Sandwich Recipe
These delightfully crisp, juicy, and spicy onion and tomato sandwiches are easy to make and come together in just 10 minutes.
For best results, toast them on an iron tawa (griddle). You can replace the desi ghee (clarified butter) with salted butter, but sandwiches prepared with desi ghee will be crispier.
- 4 bread slices, preferably white bread
- 1 medium onion, chopped small
- 1 large tomato, chopped small
- 1 tbsp shimla mirch (bell peppers), chopped small
- 1 green chilli, chopped fine
- 2 cheese slices
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp deghi mirch (red chilli powder)
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp hara dhania (cilantro), chopped fine
- desi ghee (clarified butter), as needed
- In a large bowl, add all of the ingredients except the desi ghee, cheese slices, and bread slices. Mix until well combined.
- Take two bread slices and spread the stuffing evenly on each. Then place a cheese slice on top of the stuffing. Place the remaining two (plain) bread slices over the slices with the stuffing.
- Grease a heated iron tawa (griddle) with a little desi ghee. Place one sandwich on the tawa. Grease the top side of the sandwich with a little desi ghee. Keep the heat on low-medium and toast the bread until crisp and golden on both sides. Keep pressing the sandwich with a flat ladle so that the veggies inside are able to cook. Transfer the toasted sandwich to a plate and toast the other sandwich in the same way.
- Serve hot with green chutney or tomato sauce.
Video: 10-Minute Spicy Onion Tomato Sandwich
Questions & Answers
© 2020 Rajan Singh Jolly