Best Chicken Salad Sandwich Recipe
My Quest for an Easy Recipe for Chicken Salad Sandwiches
Way, way back when I first got married and I was still trying to impress my husband (grin), I wanted to learn how to make chicken salad sandwiches. I wanted a chicken salad sandwich recipe that was not just easy, but also delicious.
Over the years, I experimented to get my easy chicken salad recipe just right; I spent a lot of time and effort perfecting it. I hit on what I believe is the best recipe ever. It's not just basic but has a bit of finesse. It's right at home at a kids' lunch table or a bridal shower buffet. It can be simple or elegant.
I have served this chicken salad many times over the years, and I have never failed to receive compliments and requests for my recipe. When the internet came along, I realized that many cooks will use the internet, not a cookbook, when looking for recipes. So here it is. Try this easy chicken salad sandwich recipe.
(Serves about 6)
- 3 cooked chicken breasts, chopped
- 1 or 2 stalks celery, chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup seedless grapes, halved
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup salad dressing, such as Miracle Whip
- 2 tablespoons coleslaw dressing (Marzetti's is good)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- Coarsely ground black pepper, to taste
- Simply mix everything together well.
- Chill for at least one hour before serving; it tastes much better if allowed to chill overnight.
Serve on toasted bread, croissants, or lettuce leaves. It also tastes great in pita pockets or hollowed tomato cups. Also try different breads such as ciabatta or raisin bread.