One of Susan's passions is cooking and creating new recipes for family and friends.
Grandma's Afternoon Finger Sandwiches
For years I've been trying to duplicate my grandmother's recipe for this delicious sandwich that I remember eating as a child.
It is the perfect recipe for when you have leftover ham. I've not tried it with canned ham, but I'm sure it would be just as good.
Read More From Delishably
My grandmother made these sandwiches for teatime. She used white bread without the crusts, and she cut each sandwich into four pieces.
|Prep time||Ready in||Yields|
- 1 cup ham, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sweet green relish
- 1 tablespoon dijon or yellow mustard
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- bread of choice
- Start by chopping the ham and red onion into small pieces.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix the chopped ham, chopped red onion, relish, mustard, mayonnaise, and fresh ground pepper.
- Cover and chill until you're ready to use.
- Butter the bread and then spread the ham mixture onto the bread.
- Serve and enjoy!