I like to cook and eat natural, healthy, and tasty foods. I use minimal oil and don't use artificial colors or preservatives in my cooking.
Corn Dishes are Easy to Make and Assemble
I believe that making a sandwich for breakfast is easy and hassle-free. For this, you need only a few ingredients, some corn stuffing, and a few bread slices. I recommend that you use whole wheat bread, brown bread, or multi-grain bread. These varieties are healthier when compared to plain flour-based breads.
The recipe I am showing here is an Italian-inspired one. This sandwich is very delicious, spicy, and flavorful. I used mixed herbs, basil, and paprika to pep up the stuffing. Preparing corn stuffing in advance makes it even easier. When you want to make sandwich, just assemble the ingredients. A corn sandwich can be a breakfast or evening snack.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
Serves four people
- 1 heaping cup sweet corn kernels, fresh or frozen, I used fresh
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 8 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon dried mixed Italian herbs
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika, optional, adds taste and flavor
- 1-2 teaspoons butter
- 1 tablespoon cheese, grated, optional, for taste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, per taste
- Heat a teaspoon of butter in a deep-bottomed pan. Add chopped garlic. Saute till they are golden brown and crunchy.
- Add corn kernels and some salt. Stir-cook for 3-4 minutes or till corn becomes soft yet retains crunchiness.
- Throw in paprika, dried mixed Italian herbs, pepper powder, and remaining salt. Blend the spices with the corn. Turn off the heat.
- When the mix is not very hot or warm, add chopped tomatoes and freshly chopped basil. Mix well.
- Also, add grated cheese. Stir the mix once. This is the stuffing for the corn sandwich.
- Take two slices of bread. Thinly apply butter on the topside of a slice. Generously spread the stuffing on the other slice.
- Now, place the butter coated bread on the corn stuffed bread. Refer the pic for perfection.
- Keep ready two sets of bread sandwiches at a time.
- Grease a griddle or flat pan with some butter. Place the sandwich on it. Turn on the heat.
- Roast both the sides of the sandwich applying butter. Turn off the heat. Remove, and place the sandwiches on a steel plate.
- Cut them diagonally to make two equal pieces. Serve them hot. You don't need any accompaniment to serve with.
- These sandwiches are very tasty and flavorful. Repeat the same for making more sandwiches.