My passion for cooking leads me to travel to different places, eat authentic local dishes, and inspire everybody to cook amazing food!
Forget buying store-bought spreads and start creating homemade spreads. Making your own spread at home gives you the freedom to choose any ingredients you want to add. Enjoy the goodness of a homemade egg sandwich spread at your home by using a homemade mayonnaise recipe. Best to eat with a freshly baked healthy bread. Free from preservatives, more delicious and much cheaper!
- 6 pieces eggs, boiled
- 3/4 cup mayo, homemade
- 1/8 cup sweet pickle relish, minced
- 1/8 cup white onion, minced
For Preparing the Ingredients:
- 2 medium bowls
- 2 small bowls
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Chopping Board
For Cooking the Eggs:
|Prep time||Ready in||Yields|
- Cook eggs in boiling water for 10 minutes.
- Mince white onions and sweet pickles. Set aside.
- Remove and unpeel eggs. Separate egg whites and egg yolks. Chop egg whites and mash egg yolks.
- Mix all the ingredients including the homemade mayonnaise.
- Serve with any kind of bread.
Tips and Techniques
- Use pickle relish for a finer texture.
- Add sweet pickles syrup for extra sweetness.
- Replace sweet pickles with sugar.
- Grate eggs to lessen the chunkiness of the spread.
- Adjust the taste by adding salt and pepper.
© 2018 Travel Chef