How to Make a Green Coriander Chutney Sandwich
Green coriander (cilantro) is a wonderful source of nutrients. It is an aromatic herb. Adding it to your diet has many health benefits. Coriander is an excellent source of dietary fiber, iron, magnesium, and manganese as well. Its leaves are rich in vitamin C, vitamin K, and protein.
I used multi-grain bread here. This bread is a good source of dietary fiber, vitamins, and minerals. You can also use any other wheat bread to make this sandwich.
Making a green coriander chutney bread sandwich is very easy. I prepared it fresh. It took me ten minutes to make it. All of the other ingredients like bread, butter, cucumber, and tomato are already in most kitchens. This sandwich makes a quick, hassle-free, yummy, and nourishing breakfast for everyone.
- 1 cup fresh green coriander, for the chutney
- 5 green chilies, medium size, for the chutney
- 2 pinches hing powder, for the chutney
- 3 tablespoons coconut, grated, optional, for the chutney, gives nice flavor and thickness
- 3/4 teaspoon butter, for each whole sandwich
- 5 slices cucumber, for each whole sandwich
- 4 or 5 slices tomato, for each whole sandwich
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, or as per taste, for the chutney
- Blue-berry sized tamarind, for the chutney
- 8 slices bread, wheat bread or multi grain bread
- To make this chutney, put fresh green coriander, green chilies, hing/asafoetida, tamarind, grated coconut, and salt to a mixer or blender. Grind adding very little water to get a thick paste. Collect it in a bowl.
- Take 2 slices of bread. I used multi-grain bread. Spread them on a plate. Thinly spread green coriander chutney on the topside of a bread slice.
- Thinly spread butter on the top side of another bread slice.
- Now, keep thinly sliced cucumber one near the other on any one of the bread slices.
- Keep a layer of tomatoes above the cucumber layer. Refer the pic for perfection.
- Place the other bread slice upside down on the top. Now, to make you clear, the butter or chutney now touches tomato slices.
- Heat a flat pan. Grease it with some butter. Place the sandwich on it. Roast both sides till golden brown, adding a little butter on both sides.
- Turn off the heat. Remove the sandwich with the help of a spatula. Place it on a plate.
- Cut it across as shown in the pic. Repeat making all the sandwiches like this. Eat them hot. Enjoy the buttery, spicy taste!
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||18|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 2 g||3%|
|Saturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 32 g||11%|
|Sugar 2 g|
|Fiber 5 g||20%|
|Protein 6 g||12%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 88 mg||4%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|