Supriya is a homemaker who is passionate about cooking. She loves to share her recipes with the world.
Potato cheese sandwiches are a mouthwatering snack that is loved by kids and adults alike. Potatoes are a great source of carbohydrates, which provide much-needed energy. I use a variety of spices in this recipe that make the sandwich uniquely delicious. So, grab your apron and try out this great recipe today!
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 5 boiled potatoes, peeled
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon roasted coriander seeds, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seed powder
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger chilli, paste
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala, powder
- 2 tablespoons coriander leaves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- butter, for roasting
- 4 bread slices (white or brown)
- tomato, sliced
- cucumber, sliced
- Prepare all of the ingredients. First, boil the potatoes for 5-10 minutes. Once boiled, turn off the flame and carefully start peeling the skin. Once peeled, mash the potatoes finely.
- To the mashed potatoes, add salt, chopped onions, crushed coriander seeds, fennel seed powder and red chilli powder.
- Make a paste of green chilli and ginger. Mix 1/2 teaspoon of this ginger chilli paste into the mashed potatoes.
- Add lemon juice and garam masala powder into the mixture.
- Combine all of the ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Take 2 slices of the bread.
- On the bread, spread 1 teaspoon of the prepared potato mixture.
- Add a slice of tomato and cucumber over the mashed potato mixture.
- Grate some cheese over the tomato and cucumber, cover with another slice of bread, and press gently.
- Roast or grill the sandwich with butter on both sides.
- Make the second sandwich in the same way.
- Cut the sandwiches in half and serve with green coriander chutney or tomato sauce. Enjoy!
- Use a tawa (pan) or griller to grill or roast the sandwich.
- Use either white or brown bread, according to your preferences.
- Try adding other veggies (e.g., carrot, etc.) as per your choice.
- Serve with different kinds of sauces; e.g., mustard, tomato sauce, etc.
- If you don't like bread crusts, you can remove them.
- Taste for seasonings and add more salt, red chilli powder, or lemon, if desired.
Potato Cheese Sandwich
© 2020 Supriyasharma
Ankesh Singh from Kuala Lumpur on June 16, 2020:
Waiting for this kind of recipes.. Hope you will be sharing soon!
Supriyasharma (author) from Malaysia on June 15, 2020:
Much appreciated... Thanks.. @ankesh singh
Supriyasharma (author) from Malaysia on May 29, 2020:
Ankesh Singh from Kuala Lumpur on April 17, 2020:
So easy to prepare and Yummy!
Kate on April 11, 2020:
Tried and tasted..soo goood
Supriyasharma (author) from Malaysia on April 02, 2020:
Thnaks a lot! @Mitara N
Mitara N from South Africa on April 02, 2020:
Yum, sounds delicious,
So quick and easy,
Thanks for sharing