L.M.Reid creates delicious recipes and gives step-by-step instructions with her own photos so you can learn how to make each recipe at home.
Recipe for The Best Egg Mayo Sandwiches
This recipe for the perfect egg mayo sandwiches is quick and easy to make. Adding the mayonnaise to the eggs makes a tasty creamy filling. I have included step-by-step instructions, videos, and photos. The ingredients are for a full tray, but it can easily be adjusted to make just one sandwich or only a few.
- 10 large eggs
- 20 slices bread (white or brown)
- Put the eggs gently into cold water and boil for 7 minutes.
- The water should cover the tops of the eggs.
- Add a couple of pinches of salt to the water as this will stop the eggs from cracking in the hot water.
- When boiled for 7 minutes, leave in hot water for a further 2 minutes.
- Pour out the hot water and add the cooked eggs to a bowl of cold water.
- Remove the shells from the eggs.
- If this is sometimes difficult, dip the egg back into the cold water and continue to strip all the shells from the eggs.
- Mash up the boiled eggs with a fork.
- First do this roughly into big pieces.
- Then continue to use the fork to make the boiled eggs into smaller pieces suitable for the egg mayo sandwiches.
Read More From Delishably
Fresh parsley straight from a parsley plant really makes a difference with the taste. You can grow them in your own garden or buy a plant at the supermarket and leave it to grow in the pot in a sunny position in your kitchen. If you can not get fresh parsley you can use the dried packets too.
- Remove a bunch of the parsley from the plant and cut away the stalks.
- Chop up the parsley into smaller pieces.
- The amount and size of the chopped parsley depends on your own preference.
- I prefer to leave the parsley large enough so that it is clearly visible in the sandwich. This also brings out the fresh taste of this wonderful herb.
- Mix it well into the eggs in the bowl.
- Take a few large spoons of mayonnaise and put them into the bowl.
- The amount will again depend on your taste.
- The eggs should be moist and wet once everything is mixed.
- You can at this stage add some salt but only very little as the eggs do not really need that much to flavour it.
- Cover the bowl with cling film and leave in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Butter your bread.
- Remove the egg mayonnaise from the fridge.
- Spread the mixture on the bread to make the sandwich.
- Cut the egg mayo sandwich in to triangles.
- Place on a large covered tray.
- Decorate with chopped up fresh parsley.
- Cover the sandwiches with cling film.
- Leave in fridge until needed.
Recipe for Egg Mayo Sandwiches
Questions & Answers
Question: How long will the egg mayo mixture keep in the fridge?
Answer: If the egg mayo is covered it will last 24 hours in the fridge.