How to Make Egg Mayo Sandwiches
Recipe for Creamy Egg Mayo Sandwiches
Egg Mayonnaise Sandwiches Recipe
This recipe for the perfect egg mayo sandwiches is quick and easy to make. Adding the mayonnaise to the eggs makes for a very tasty, creamy filling. I have included step-by-step instructions, videos, and photos. The ingredients are for a full tray, but it can easily be adjusted to make just one sandwich or only a few.
How to Make an Egg Mayonnaise Sandwich
- Ten large eggs
- Twenty pieces of sliced bread; white or brown
- Put the eggs gently into cold water and boil for seven minutes.
- The water should cover the tops of the eggs.
- Add a couple of pinches of salt to the water as this will stop the eggs from cracking in the hot water.
Boiling the Eggs
- When boiled for seven minutes leave in hot water for a further two minutes.
- Pour out the hot water and add the cooked eggs to a bowl of cold water.
- Remove the shells from the eggs.
- If this is sometimes difficult dip the egg back into the cold water and continue to strip all the shells from the eggs.
- Mash up the boiled eggs with a fork.
- First do this roughly into big pieces.
- Then continue to use the fork to make the boiled eggs into smaller pieces suitable for the egg mayo sandwiches.
Boiled Eggs for Egg Mayo Sandwiches
Quick and Easy Egg Mayo Recipe
Fresh parsley straight from a parsley plant really makes a difference with the taste. You can grow them in your own garden or buy a plant at the supermarket and leave it to grow in the pot in a sunny position in your kitchen. If you can not get fresh parsley you can use the dried packets too.
- Remove a bunch of the parsley from the plant and cut away the storks.
- Chop up the parsley into smaller pieces.
- The amount and size of the chopped parsley depends on your own preference.
- I prefer to leave the parsley large enough so that it is clearly visible in the sandwich.
- This also brings out the fresh taste of this wonderful herb.
- Mix it well into the eggs in the bowl.
How to Make Egg Mayo
- Take a few large spoons of mayonnaise and put them into the bowl.
- The amount will again depend on your taste.
- The eggs should be moist and wet once everything is mixed.
- You can at this stage add some salt but only very little as the eggs do not really need that much to flavour it.
- Cover the bowl with cling film and leave in the fridge for thirty minutes.
Egg Mayonnaise Sandwiches
- Butter your bread.
- Remove the egg mayonnaise from the fridge.
- Spread the mixture on the bread to make the sandwich.
- Cut the egg mayo sandwich in to triangles.
- Place on a large covered tray.
- Decorate with chopped up fresh parsley.
- Cover the sandwiches with cling film
- Leave in fridge until needed.