Recipe for Chicken, Cheese and Vegetable Wraps
A Cheese and Vegetable Wrap Recipe
This is a quick and easy recipe for a hot snack you can make any time of the day. I have given step-by-step instructions and my own photos. It is a very versatile recipe because you can add whatever cooked meat and vegetables you prefer to eat. It can also be made for lunch, dinner or a quick snack.
- 4 ounces / 114 grams soft cheese
- 6 ounces / 170 grams cheddar cheese, grated
- 6 ounces / 170 grams canned tomatoes
- 4 ounces / 114 grams mixed peppers, fried
- 8 ounces / 224 grams chicken breast, cooked
- 2 wraps
Step 1: Prepare Ingredients
- Weigh out all the ingredients
- Fry the peppers and allow to get cold.
- Lay out 1 wrap flat on a plate
- Add half the tomatoes to the wrap
- Spread them around the surface with the back of a spoon. Make sure to leave enough room around the edges so that when you wrap everything together it does not all fall out.
- Add half the chicken on top, spreading equally.
- Do the same for the cheese and peppers.
- At this stage you can add other optional ingredients to the wrap or omit any of the above. It is such a versatile recipe that it can be made to each individual taste.
Step 2: Roll the Wraps
- Carefully bring one side of the wrap over the other until you have wrapped the ingredients all together.
- Place on a large plate.
- Do the same as above to create the second wrap. This is where you can create your own combination of meat, cheese and vegetables together.
- Place the second wrap on the same plate as the first.
- Sprinkle the remainder of the grated cheese on the top of the wraps.
Step 3: Cook the Wraps
- Put in the oven at 200 Celsius / 390 Fahrenheit for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Cut each wrap in half and serve while hot.