Shushanik enjoys sharing recipes of dishes from her home country. She also likes discovering new dishes and sharing them with her readers.
A sandwich is one of the easiest things to make for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or as a snack. There are various types of sandwiches: meat, fish, or even vegetarian. Tuna sandwiches are one of the most popular. They're not only quick and tasty, but they also have a lot of health benefits, especially for kids, as they contain over 300 milligrams (0.011 ounces) of omega-3 fatty acids per serving.
Canned tuna first appeared at the beginning of the 20th century and quickly became popular. Tuna can be canned in water, brine, various oils, and/or sauces. According to Wikipedia, 52% of canned tuna in the United States is used for sandwiches.
In this article, I'd like to share three variants on a tuna sandwich recipe. Try to make them all and choose what you like the best.
|Prep time||Ready in||Yields|
Depends on the amount of bread you use
1. Warm Tuna Sandwich Recipe
- French baguette
- Salad leaves
- Cut onion. Mince garlic and mix it with mayonnaise.
- Cut French baguette into estimated portions (future sandwiches).
- Cut each sandwich portion lengthwise, 1/3 from the top, so that it has kind of a lid.
- Take the "lids" off and work with the bottom part. Spread mayonnaise with garlic on the sandwich, add the salad leaves, onion, and tuna, and spread mayonnaise on top of that once again. Then put cheese on top and cover with the top slice of bread.
- Put each sandwich into the microwave for 2 minutes. Enjoy!
2. Tuna Sandwich With Egg and Tomato
- Salad leaves
- A can of tuna
- Hard-boiled egg
- Cut the bread.
- Make the sauce for the sandwich: Mix mayonnaise, ketchup, and mustard in equal proportions. Spread the sauce on the bread.
- Put salad leaves on top.
- Next, add round slices of tomato, a bit of salt, half-moon onions, and cucumber.
- Put tuna on top and add 2 teaspoons of sauce.
- On top of that, add sliced eggs, mayonnaise, and a salad leaf.
- Cover with another slice of bread and enjoy your sandwich!
3. Pan-Fried Tuna Sandwich
- 4 slices of bread
- 2 cans of tuna
- 1/4 of glass of mayonnaise
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 piece of celery (sliced)
- 2 spring onions (sliced)
- 4 slices of tomato
- 4 slices of Swiss cheese (shredded)
- 1 tablespoon of cut parsley
- Mix tuna, mayonnaise, lemon juice, celery, spring onion, and parsley in a bowl. Add salt and pepper.
- Take a slice of bread and place the following on it: tuna mix, a little bit of shredded cheese, tomatoes, and cheese once again (this time a bit more).
- Spread butter on another slice of bread and cover the sandwich with it (with the butter on top).
- Heat the frying pan, then put the sandwich on it with the butter side down. Spread butter on the top side as well.
- Fry the sandwich until the crust turns golden on both sides. Enjoy!
Vita Victoria from Cincinnati, OH on June 22, 2012:
It's 3 am here and I really want tuna now! Looks delicious!!! I'll make it tomorrow (today) for lunch
Shelley Watson on June 21, 2012:
Shushanik, Wow delicious ideas that I will definitely be trying. Voted Up!
Life Under Construction from Neverland on June 21, 2012:
Mouth-watering tuna sandwich recipes. I love tuna sandwich, especially the one with cheese. Oh my. Voted up with 5 stars!
kelleyward on June 21, 2012:
Looks amazing! Voted up! Take care, Kelley
peachy from Home Sweet Home on June 21, 2012:
I love sandwich. Tuna and egg mayo are my fav. Your sandwich looks like Subway! Lovely . Great hub on sandwiches.