Cooking is one of my passions. I like to make nutritious and tasty foods at home.
A Versatile Chutney in 10 Minutes
Incredibly nutritious, avocadoes are loaded with monounsaturated fatty acids that are heart-friendly. This chutney uses the soft and creamy flesh of this fruit. Serve it as a side dish, dip, or spread. I think this is one of the best ways to include avocado in your diet. Let me share the recipe with you now.
Rate This Recipe
|Prep time||Ready in||Yields|
A bowl of chutney
- 1 medium avocado, skin and seed removed, flesh scooped out
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup sliced onions
- 4–5 green chilies
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped coriander leaves
- 2 tablespoons grated coconut (optional)
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Put all the ingredients into a mixer or blender. Grind to get a smooth and thick paste. You can add some water while grinding.
- Transfer the chutney to a serving bowl. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve as a side dish with any meal. You can also use it as a dip or spread. Reap the health benefits of avocado!
ShailaSheshadri (author) from Bengaluru on October 16, 2017:
Thank you. Yeah...more than taste, it is very nutritious spread. All the ingredients here are good for health. Making this chutney is very easy. Try it!
Mary Wickison from Brazil on October 16, 2017:
This is something I think my husband would enjoy. A simple but tasty spread. I also think with vegetables as a dip, great idea, thank you.