I am a home cook who likes to share recipes I think others will enjoy.
A Simple Creamy Garlic Sauce Recipe
Pasta is a favorite at our house, and I frequently make homemade creamy garlic sauce, pesto, or parma rosa sauce to accompany the meal. Most of these sauces are very easy to prepare and can be used for a variety of purposes. My creamy garlic sauce recipe takes only a few minutes to make and requires only a handful of ingredients. I'll share the recipe here.
- Small saucepan
- Small whisk
- Cutting board and knife
Read More From Delishably
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 small onion, peeled
- 4 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup cream
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon tarragon leaves chopped, or
1/4 tsp dried tarragon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mince the garlic cloves and finely chop the onion.
- Melt butter or margarine in a small saucepan over low heat. Add onion and garlic, sauté for 3 to 4 minutes until tender.
- Add 1/3 cup chicken broth to the onion/garlic mixture and continue to heat on low. In a small cup, combine another 1/3 cup chicken broth with 2 teaspoons cornstarch.
- Whisk thoroughly with a small whisk. Then gradually add to the saucepan, whisking to combine.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and allow the sauce to thicken. This usually takes one to two minutes.
- Add 1/3 cup cream and tarragon. Simmer for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Taste, then season with salt and pepper as needed. If the sauce becomes too thick, add additional chicken broth (not cream).
Using Your Sauce
This sauce is great with pasta and complements a variety of cooked or sautéed vegetables. One of my favorite variations to the creamy garlic sauce is to add sun-dried tomatoes. I buy them in a jar, and I use 5 or 6 of them, rinsing well and chopping before incorporating them into the sauce.
Rate This Recipe
© 2010 Christine Mulberry