I am a chef on a luxury world cruise liner. I love to cook and write recipes that are inspired by foods from all over the world.
A Filipino Twist on Mexican Salsa
Traditional Mexican salsa is tomato-based, but this sweet and spicy Filipino variation uses dragon fruit instead. Enjoy!
|Prep time||Ready in||Yields|
- 5 tablespoons chopped dragon fruit
- 2 tablespoons chopped tomato
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Hot sauce, to taste
- 1 large plate
- 1 small plate
- measuring spoons
- chopping board
- In a bowl, combine the dragon fruit, onion, and tomato. Mix well.
- Season with hot sauce, salt, and pepper. Mix again.
- Serve with any fried or grilled foods.
Read More From Delishably
Tips and Techniques
- For a tangy flavor, add lemon juice or any similar citrus juice.
- Experiment with additional seasonings.
- Adjust the amount of hot sauce based on your preference.
- Spice it up even more with freshly chopped jalapeños or chilies.
More Delicious Salsa Recipes
- How to Make Corn Salsa: A Mexican-Inspired Recipe
Mexican salsa is a tasty and versatile condiment that can be added to all kinds of dishes. This corn salsa is a delicious variation to the traditional tomato-based recipe.
- How to Make Pineapple Salsa
Try this tasty pineapple twist on a traditional Mexican condiment.
© 2020 Travel Chef