Easy Homemade Mayonnaise Recipe
Mayonnaise is a creamy dressing mainly made by combining egg yolk and oil.
Making homemade mayonnaise is very easy. For as low as $1, you can make your own healthy mayo at home. You can make other delicious variations of mayonnaise by adding other ingredients. To start with, simply follow the five easy steps of my easy homemade mayonnaise recipe.
- 2 pieces Calamansi
- 1 piece Egg Yolk
- 1 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 tablespoon Mustard
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- a pinch Black Pepper
- few drops Hot Sauce
- few drops Worcestershire Sauce
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Prep Bowls (for the ingredients)
- Measuring Cup
- Measuring Spoon
- Wire Whisk
- Food Processor (optional)
- Extract the juice of two pieces of calamansi.
- Put calamansi juice, 1/2 tbsp of mustard, few drops of hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, 1 tsp sea salt, and a pinch of black pepper in a bowl. Continue stirring until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Add one egg yolk into the mixture. Blend all together until well combined or until the egg yolk has liquidized.
- While continuously mixing the content, gradually add one cup of vegetable oil into the bowl.
- Continue mixing everything until the correct consistency is achieved.
Tips and Techniques in Making a Mayonnaise
- Use tablecloth to avoid the bowl from slipping while mixing all the ingredients.
- Make sure that the speed of mixing all the ingredients is faster than the speed of adding the oil to avoid the mayo from splitting. Otherwise, back to step number 1.
- Slowly add a tablespoon of cold water while continuously mixing it to lighten the color of the mayonnaise.
- It is more efficient to use a food processor when making a huge production of mayonnaise. As the process requires a continuous mix of all the ingredients to achieve the right consistency of the mayonnaise.
© 2018 Dred Cuan