How to Make My Favourite Fridge Pickles
These quick and easy refrigerator pickles are delicious. You don't have to wait long; your friends and family will eat them all. The new plastic lids are recommended for fridge pickles. They are easy to use, and you don't have to wait for them to suck down and seal. There is nothing better than food that leaves people wanting more. You can serve them at home or take them to a party. Wherever you serve them, you will be the talk of the neighborhood. You won't need a cannier either. Let's clean the canning jars and make us some pickles.
Supplies For Pickles
- 14 Medium Cucumbers, Sliced or quartered
- 6 Garlic cloves, cut in half
- 6 Dill, stalks
- 3 Tbsp Dill seed
- 3 Cups Vinegar
- 3 Cups Water
- 6 Tbsp Pickling salt
- Sterilize jars on the stove in boiling water. In the medium sauce pan, add water, vinegar and course salt. Stir and bring to a full boil. leave on the stove on low till needed.
- Cut off the ends of cucumbers first. Slice up all the cucumbers, length wise. Carfully take jars out of the water bath and place a garlic clove, 1/2 tbsp dill seed in each jar. Now fill each jar with cucumbers add another 1/2 of the dill seed and a stem of dill, and garlic clove.
- Once all ingredients are in the jars and pour the vinegar brine into each jar, till just above the the bottom ring of the jar. Remember to leave an air space. Place a plastic lid on each jar, but do not tighten. Let jars sit until cool and then tighten the lids. Place in the fridge.
- In only 3 to 5 days these pickles will be ready to eat. They will keep in the fridge for about 2 months, but I don't think they will last long. You will have them eaten before that.
1/2 Tbsp Pepper corn
Apple cider vinegar
10 Pearl onions
1/3 Tbsp Red pepper flakes
1 Yellow onion
My Favourite Pickles
Now you know how to make these crunchy, great tasting pickles. They are an easy to make alternative to traditional dill pickles. Making pickles like these saves you time and money. Even the dill can be grown in your garden. Not only do they take less time to make, it takes less time for them to be ready to eat. I hope you love these dill pickles as much as we do. Family and friends will be asking for the recipe.
From my house to yours: Friends, family and food. Eat up and enjoy!
Questions & Answers
© 2017 Terrie Lynn