Cooking is one of my passions. I like to make nutritious and tasty foods at home.
Mexican Salsa (Salsa Fresca)
Freshly chopped veggies and aromatic seasonings are combined to make this delicious Mexican salsa (Pico de Gallo), also known as "salsa fresca." Making this salsa is very easy. To make it, you simply have to gather fresh veggies like tomato, red onion, cucumber, cilantro, chili pepper, lemon juice, etc, and some seasonings.
Finely chopped crispy veggies are mixed with seasonings to get a fresh and tempting flavor. You can use it as a dip or as a condiment with nacho chips, tortilla chips, tacos, etc. This salsa is colorful. It stays fresh for a day at room temperature, but you can chill it and use it for 2 to 3 days.
|Prep time||Ready in||Yields|
Four cups of salsa
- 1 1/2 cup freshly chopped tomatoes, seed removed
- 1/2 cup red onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup tender cucumber, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1 finely chopped green chili, less hot variety, seed removed
- 1/4 tsp cumin powder
- 1/6 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt, or as per taste
- 1/4 tsp pepper powder
Step-by-Step Instructions for Fresh Tomato and Red Onion Salsa
- Finely chop the vegetables by hand or finely cut them in a vegetable cutter. Collect them in a mixing bowl. Throw in the chopped cilantro.
- Add seasonings like oregano and cumin powder. Mix with a spoon.
- Add pepper powder, lemon juice, and salt. Mix well.
- The fresh tomato-red onion salsa is ready to serve. Serve it with nacho chips, tortilla chips, tacos, or with any other chips. Enjoy the fresh, tangy taste!
After adding lemon juice and salt, the salsa may leave some liquid. You can collect the liquid in a bowl to keep salsa dry. Drink that liquid because it is healthy.