How to Make KFC Gravy
Kentucky Fried Chicken (or KFC, as it's more popularly known) is a famous American fast-food chain with tens of thousands of outlets all over the world. The restaurant is most well known for its fried chicken, but they make a popular gravy that accompanies many of their meals. I tried to re-create their gravy at home in order to enjoy it with my home-cooked meals. I thought it turned out really well, and it took only 10 minutes to prepare.
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 piece chicken bouillon
- 1 piece beef bouillon
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 large bowl
- 2 small bowls
- 1 small plate
- measuring spoons
- cooking spoon
- Melt butter in a pan.
- Add all-purpose flour to make a roux. Cook until golden brown.
- Pour in water. Add the chicken and beef bouillon cubes.
- Stir the sauce constantly until smooth.
- Season with black pepper and garlic powder.
- Serve while still hot.
Tips and Techniques
- Cook roux for a longer time to make the saucer darker.
- Adjust the taste by adding salt.
- Stir constantly to avoid any lumps.
- Replace bouillon with powdered flavorings.
- Reduce the amount of all-purpose flour to produce a thinner gravy.
More Fast Food Recipes
- How to Make Tokyo Tokyo Red Iced Tea: A Japanese-Inspired Drink
Have you ever eaten at Tokyo Tokyo? It's the most popular Japanese food restaurant chain in the Philippines. This restaurant offers a variety of delicious foods and drinks. Learn how I re-created their famous red iced tea at home.
- How to Make McDonald's Tartar Sauce
Do you love McDonald's? Try my version of their famous tartar sauce. You can prepare this delicious recipe in just five minutes.
Questions & Answers
© 2019 Dred Cuan