I am a chef on a luxury world cruise liner. I love to cook and write recipes that are inspired by foods from all over the world.
Kentucky Fried Chicken (or KFC, as it's more popularly known) is a famous American fast-food chain with tens of thousands of outlets all over the world. The restaurant is most well known for its fried chicken, but they make a popular gravy that accompanies many of their meals. I re-created their gravy at home in order to enjoy it with my home-cooked meals. I thought it turned out really well, and it took only 10 minutes to prepare.
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 piece chicken bouillon
- 1 piece beef bouillon
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 large bowl
- 2 small bowls
- 1 small plate
- measuring spoons
- cooking spoon
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- Melt butter in a pan.
- Add all-purpose flour to make a roux. Cook until golden brown.
- Pour in water. Add the chicken and beef bouillon cubes.
- Stir the sauce constantly until smooth.
- Season with black pepper and garlic powder.
- Serve while still hot.
Tips and Techniques
- Cook roux for a longer time to make the sauce darker.
- Adjust the taste by adding salt.
- Stir constantly to avoid lumps.
- Replace bouillon with powdered flavorings.
- Reduce the amount of all-purpose flour to produce a thinner gravy.
More Favorite Fast Food Recipes
- How to Make Tokyo Tokyo Red Iced Tea: A Japanese-Inspired Drink
Have you ever eaten at Tokyo Tokyo? It's the most popular Japanese food restaurant chain in the Philippines. This restaurant offers a variety of delicious foods and drinks. Learn how I re-created their famous red iced tea at home.
- How to Make McDonald's Tartar Sauce
Do you love McDonald's? Try my version of their famous tartar sauce. You can prepare this delicious recipe in just five minutes.
© 2019 Travel Chef
Travel Chef (author) from Manila on August 21, 2019:
I am glad that you and your family like the gravy. I do the same too. I keep leftover for future use. I just reheat it and all good again. I hope you try my other recipes as well and let me know what you think. Thank you so much!
Zulma Burgos-Dudgeon from United Kingdom on August 21, 2019:
I made this gravy this past weekend and it got a thumbs up from everyone in my family. I made the gravy according to this recipe and ended up with quite a bit leftover. I didn't want to throw it away because it was really good and I hate wasting anything, particularly food. After a bit of thought, I added some fresh herbs and used it as a base for chicken tagliatelle. It was even better than the recipe I normally use.
Thank you for sharing such a versatile gravy recipe.