How to Make Aioli Sauce With Just 5 Ingredients
Aioli is a very common and popular Mediterranean sauce. Traditionally, it is made by combining garlic paste and olive oil. In more recent times, however, some have modified the recipe to include other ingredients such as lemon juice and egg (the egg acts as an emulsifier). Since mayonnaise usually contains egg, oil, and lemon juice, some modern ailoi recipes call for mayonnaise as a three-in-one ingredient.
Aioli sauce pairs perfectly with any of your favorite fried foods.
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 2 small bowls
- 1 large bowl
- mortar and pestle
- pairing knife
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- Add garlic and salt in a mortar.
- Pound garlic until it becomes a paste.
- Transfer garlic paste in a bowl.
- Add mayonnaise. Mix until well blended.
- Season the mixture if needed.
- Serve with your favorite fried foods.
Aioli Sauce Video Tutorial
Tips and Techniques
Questions & Answers
© 2019 Travel Chef