How to Make Corn Salsa: A Mexican-Inspired Recipe
Traditional Mexican salsa is composed of tomatoes and onions that are flavored with citrus juice and chilies. There are many variations of the traditional recipe out there, and one of the most popular incorporates corn, which adds a hint of sweetness that balances the tart and spicy flavors.
This is my recipe for easy corn salsa. Enjoy!
- 3/4 cup corn
- 2 pieces tomato, deseeded and chopped
- 1 piece onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon pickled juice
- hot sauce, to taste
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 3 medium bowls
- 1 small bowl
- 1 small plate
- measuring spoon
- chopping board
- Mix pickled juice, hot sauce, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
- Add the corn, onion, and tomato. Mix well.
- Serve with any fried or grilled foods.
Corn Salsa Step-by-Step Procedure
Tips and Techniques
- Instead of pickled juice, you may substitute lemon juice or any similar citrus juice.
- Add sugar if preferred.
- Adjust seasonings if needed.
- Spice up this corn salsa recipe with freshly chopped jalapeños or chilies.
More Tasty Salsa Recipes
- How to Make Fresh Green Mango Salsa: A Mexican-Inspi...
Try this green mango twist on the classic salsa recipe. Perfectly complements any Mexican dish!
- How to Make Huevos With Mango Salsa: A Mexican-Inspi...
Do you enjoy eating eggs for breakfast? Add a twist to your favorite meal by mixing it with a fruity salsa. Try my own simple dish of huevos with mango salsa.
© 2019 Travel Chef