Easy Creamy Chicken Gravy Without Drippings
Gravy is a popular sauce that is traditionally made with meat drippings thickened by roux, which is a mixture of butter (fat) and flour. If you don't have drippings, however, you can still make a tasty and creamy chicken gravy. In this recipe, I'll show you how.
- 1 chicken cube
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large bowl
- 3 small bowls
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- cooking spoon
- wire whisk
- Melt the butter in a pan.
- Make a roux by adding all-purpose flour to the melted butter. Cook until the color turns slightly brown.
- Pour in water and milk. Add the chicken bouillon cubes.
- Stir the sauce constantly until smooth.
- Season with garlic powder, salt, and white pepper.
- Serve and enjoy!
Tips and Techniques
- Cook the roux (flour and butter mixture) to make the sauce darker.
- Use a wire whisk to easily break up large lumps.
- Stir constantly to avoid lumps.
- Adjust the amount of seasonings based on your taste.
- Replace chicken bouillon cubes with chicken powder.
- Choose regular milk or evaporated milk.
- Reduce the amount of all-purpose flour to produce a thinner gravy.
- Serve this gravy recipe with fried meats, grilled steaks, and other dishes.
- How to Make Poutine With Homemade Gravy: A Canadian-Inspired Snack
Have you ever tried poutine? The Canadian take on French fries features cheese and gravy. Try this simple yet delicious recipe.
- How to Cook Jollibee Burger Steak Supreme
What is your favorite Jollibee menu item? Try my version of their famous Jollibee Burger Steak Supreme meal. Now, you can prepare this huge delicious meal at the comfort of your home.
© 2020 Travel Chef