I enjoy cooking simple and tasty dishes, especially ones with healthy ingredients.
Sweet and Spicy Dip
This sweet and spicy dip is made with tomato, cilantro, lime juice, and other healthy ingredients. It pairs especially well with corn tortilla chips but can also be enjoyed with baby carrots, celery sticks, and other veggies.
I originally made this dip as a vinaigrette dressing for my black bean salad recipe. Because I liked the dressing so much, I started making extra as a dip for tortilla chips and fresh veggies.
I love the fact that this dip is so healthy yet so incredibly savory!
|Prep time||Ready in||Yields|
Serves 4 people
- 1/2 cup tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chili powder
- 1/4 cup 2% fat Greek yogurt (add more for a creamier dip)
- 1 tablespoon cane sugar
Read More From Delishably
- Prepare a ramekin bowl to hold the dip, and get your blender out.
- Chop the tomato, cilantro, and garlic and put them in the blender.
- Add the olive oil, apple cider, lime juice, salt, pepper, cumin, chili powder, Greek yogurt, and sugar to the blender.
- Turn the blender on high for a few seconds, until the ingredients become a smooth liquid.
- Gently pour the liquid from the blender into the ramekin bowl.
- Serve with tortilla chips or veggies.
For a slightly creamier dip, add a little more Greek yogurt.
© 2022 Madeleine Clays