I am a chef on a luxury world cruise liner. I love to cook and write recipes that are inspired by foods from all over the world.
Vinaigrette is a basic salad dressing that is made with oil, vinegar, and seasoning. The typical vinaigrette ratio is three parts oil to one part vinegar. There are a variety of oils and vinegars that may be used in making a vinaigrette. This particular recipe contains only five ingredients, and it's quick and easy to make. I enjoy serving this dressing with many types of salads.
|Prep time||Ready in||Yields|
Approximately 1/2 cup
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
For Making the Five-Ingredient Vinaigrette Dressing:
- 3 small bowls
- measuring spoons
- bottle or dispenser
- Transfer and dilute sugar with vinegar in a squeeze bottle or any container with a lid.
- Add the vegetable oil.
- Cover the bottle or container. Shake it until everything is mixed thoroughly.
- Season the vinaigrette dressing with salt and pepper.
- Cover and shake the container to mix all of the ingredients completely.
- Store the vinaigrette inside the refrigerator for future use.
Vinaigrette Dressing Step-by-Step Procedure
Tips and Techniques
- Use artificial sweetener to make it an ideal salad dressing for diabetic patients.
- Replace regular oil with olive oil to create a healthier version.
- Regular oil may solidify if stored inside the refrigerator. In order to prevent this from happening, use olive oil, canola oil or corn oil.
- Adjust the amount if you opt to use other types of vinegar.
- Choose any type of vinegar you prefer.
- Combine all ingredients in a jar. Close the lid and shake until everything is well mixed.
- Try serving this vinaigrette with my egg salad.
© 2018 Travel Chef
Travel Chef (author) from Manila on November 19, 2018:
Me too. I like to lessen the amount of oil in my dressing as I don't like too much grease drizzled on top of my healthy salad. Have a wonderful day!
Eric Dierker from Spring Valley, CA. U.S.A. on November 19, 2018:
Great job here. I like tweaking and changing mine around and this looks tasty. I like to increase vinegar and decrease oil and I try some without....
I love my salads!
Travel Chef (author) from Manila on November 17, 2018:
Me too! I love eating salads. Mostly I like thick dressings rather than a vinaigrette. Though I must say that I really enjoyed my vinaigrette with my egg salad.
Mary Norton from Ontario, Canada on November 17, 2018:
I love making my own salad dressing and love to experiment with flavours but they always have these basic ingredients you included here.