How to Make Fresh Green Mango Salsa: A Mexican-Inspired Dip
Salsa is a famous Mexican sauce that is commonly used as a dip. Often spicy, its spiciness level may vary from quite mild to very strong. A typical salsa consists of tomatoes, onions, chilies, citrus, and coriander (cilantro). It is usually served alongside tacos, burritos, enchiladas, chips, and all kinds of other Mexican dishes and snacks.
Nowadays, there are many different variations of salsa that have been created. In this recipe, I made my own version of green mango salsa.
- 2 small green mangoes, diced small
- 1 tomato, diced small
- 1/2 onion, diced small
- Hot sauce, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 3 small bowls
- 1 large bowl
- chopping board
- Peel, cut, and dice the green mangoes. Set aside.
- Slice, deseed, and dice the tomato. Set aside.
- Take half of the onion and dice it. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine green mangoes, tomato, and onion.
- Add the hot sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
Green Mango Salsa Step-by-Step Procedure
Tips and Techniques
- Add fresh jalapeño to make it extra spicy.
- Add lime juice for extra flavor and to preserve the salsa mixture.
- Sprinkle some chopped coriander (cilantro) leaves, if available, for a more savory and spicy taste.
- Serve green mango salsa as a side dish to any fried or grilled foods.
Questions & Answers
© 2019 Dred Cuan