Green Mango Salsa Recipe
Salsa is a famous Mexican sauce that is commonly used as a dip. Its spiciness level may vary from quite mild to very strong. A typical salsa consists of tomatoes, onions, chilies, citrus, and coriander (cilantro). It is usually served alongside tacos, burritos, enchiladas, chips, and all kinds of other Mexican dishes and snacks.
Nowadays, there are many different variations of salsa. In this recipe, I made my own version of green mango salsa.
- 2 small green mangoes, diced small
- 1 tomato, diced small
- 1/2 onion, diced small
- Hot sauce, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 3 small bowls
- 1 large bowl
- Chopping board
|Prep time||Ready in||Yields|
1 1/2 cups
- Peel, cut, and dice the green mangoes. Set them aside.
- Slice, deseed, and dice the tomato. Set it aside.
- Take half of the onion and dice it. Set it aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine green mangoes, tomato, and onion.
- Add the hot sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
Tips and Techniques
- Add fresh jalapeño to make it extra spicy.
- Add lime juice for extra flavor and to preserve the salsa mixture.
- Sprinkle some chopped coriander (cilantro) leaves, if available, for a more savory and spicy taste.
- Serve green mango salsa as a side dish to any fried or grilled foods.
Other Salsa Recipes
- How to Make Corn Salsa: A Mexican-Inspired Recipe
Mexican salsa is a tasty and versatile condiment that can be added to all kinds of dishes. This corn salsa is a delicious variation to the traditional tomato-based recipe.
- How to Make Pineapple Salsa
Try this tasty pineapple twist on a traditional Mexican condiment.
© 2019 Travel Chef