How to Make Homemade Chili Garlic Oil
Chili garlic oil is a twist of a famous Asian condiment—chili oil. The combination of the spicy chilies and the crispy garlic bits perfectly match with dumplings, noodles, and any steamed or fried dishes. Turn any of your favorite dishes to delicious spicy treats with my version of homemade chili garlic oil.
- 1 cup garlic oil
- 1/4 cup garlic, fried
- 1/4 cup bird's eye chilies, roasted and chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
For Preparing the Ingredients:
- 1 Large Bowl
- 2 Medium Bowl
- 2 Small Bowls
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
For Cooking the Dish:
- Cooking Spoon
For Storing the Finished Product:
- Empty Container or Bottle
- Pour the garlic oil in a preheated pan.
- Add the bird's eye chiles, salt and sugar. Bring to boil.
- Remove the mixture from the heat. Let it cool.
- Mix in toasted garlic.
- Store the chili garlic oil in a clean bottle or a container.
Tips and Techniques:
- Roasted chilies give that charred aroma and color.
- Fried garlic bits provides the crunchy texture.
- Reserved garlic oil contribute to the taste of the condiment.
- Save some cooking time by directly frying the chilies and the garlic.
How to Roast Bird's Eye Chilies
- Bird's Eye Chilies
- Garlic Oil
- Baking Pan or Baking Sheet
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC or 390ºF.
- Lay the chilies in a baking pan or baking sheet.
- Drizzle the chilies with a little amount of garlic oil.
- Bake it for 10 minutes.
© 2018 Dred Cuan