How to Make McDonald's Tartar Sauce
McDonald's is a famous American fast-food chain with tens of thousands of outlets all around the world. This restaurant is well known for its burgers and of course their McNuggets. In addition, they have many popular sauces, including the tartar sauce that accompanies the Filet-O-Fish. As a regular customer and fan, I tried to re-create their tartar sauce at home. This recipe takes only five minutes to prepare.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons pickle chips, chopped
- 1 tablespoon onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon capers, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon parsley, dried
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- sugar, to taste
- 1 medium bowl
- 1 small bowl
- 1 small plate
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- chopping board
- In a bowl, add mayonnaise and lemon juice. Mix.
- Add capers, parsley, pickles, and onions. Mix all the ingredients.
- Season with salt, sugar, and pepper. Mix until all ingredients are well combined.
- Taste before serving. Adjust the seasonings if necessary.
Tips and Techniques
- Make a homemade mayonnaise instead of using store-bought.
- Adjust the sugar to make the tartar sauce a little sweeter.
- Replace pickle chips with pickle relish.
- Omit capers if you prefer.
Questions & Answers
© 2018 Dred Cuan