I am a chef on a luxury world cruise liner. I love to cook and write recipes that are inspired by foods from all over the world.
McDonald's is a famous American fast-food chain with tens of thousands of outlets all around the world. This restaurant is well known for its burgers and its McNuggets. In addition, they have many popular sauces, including the tartar sauce that accompanies the Filet-O-Fish. As a regular customer and fan, I tried to re-create their tartar sauce at home. This recipe takes only five minutes to prepare.
|Prep time||Ready in||Yields|
approximately 3/4 cup
- 1 medium bowl
- 1 small bowl
- 1 small plate
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- chopping board
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons pickle chips, chopped
- 1 tablespoon onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon capers, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon parsley, dried
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- sugar, to taste
- In a bowl, add mayonnaise and lemon juice. Mix.
- Add capers, parsley, pickles, and onions. Mix all the ingredients.
- Season with salt, sugar, and pepper. Mix until all ingredients are well combined.
- Taste before serving. Adjust the seasonings if necessary.
McDonald's Tartar Sauce Step-by-Step Procedure
Tips and Techniques
- Make a homemade mayonnaise instead of using store-bought.
- Adjust the sugar to make the tartar sauce a little sweeter.
- Replace pickle chips with pickle relish.
- Omit capers if you prefer.
Another Fast-Food Sauce Recipe
- How to Make KFC Gravy
Do you love KFC? Try my version of their famous gravy. You can prepare this delicious recipe in just 10 minutes.
© 2018 Travel Chef
Travel Chef (author) from Manila on December 08, 2018:
I agree with you! I really love the fish n chips from the UK even if it's serve with vinegar. Though tartar sauce is the best.
Liz Westwood from UK on December 08, 2018:
This is a great idea for an accompaniment to many fish dishes.