I am a chef on a luxury world cruise liner. I love to cook and write recipes that are inspired by foods from all over the world.
McDonald's is a famous American fast-food chain with tens of thousands of outlets all around the world. This restaurant is well known for its burgers and its McNuggets. In addition, they have many popular sauces, including the tartar sauce that accompanies the Filet-O-Fish. As a regular customer and fan, I tried to re-create their tartar sauce at home. This recipe takes only five minutes to prepare.
|Prep time||Ready in||Yields|
approximately 3/4 cup
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons pickle chips, chopped
- 1 tablespoon onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon capers, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon parsley, dried
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- sugar, to taste
Read More From Delishably
- 1 medium bowl
- 1 small bowl
- 1 small plate
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- chopping board
- In a bowl, add mayonnaise and lemon juice. Mix.
- Add capers, parsley, pickles, and onions. Mix all the ingredients.
- Season with salt, sugar, and pepper. Mix until all ingredients are well combined.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings if necessary.
McDonald's Tartar Sauce Step-by-Step Procedure
Tips and Techniques
- Make a homemade mayonnaise instead of using store-bought.
- Make it sweeter by adding more sugar.
- Replace pickle chips with pickle relish.
- You can omit the capers if you prefer.
Another Fast Food Copycat Recipe
- How to Make KFC Gravy
Do you love KFC? Try my version of their famous gravy. You can prepare this delicious recipe in just 10 minutes.
© 2018 Travel Chef