How to Make Tomato Chili Dip (Momo Dip)
A Yummy Homemade Sauce to Pair With Momos
Momos are Chinese dumplings that are very popular throughout the world. Steamed momos are healthier compared to the deep-fried ones. Momos are packed with a veggie or meat stuffing.
Eating momos with a tangy and spicy sauce is fun. You can make this tomato chili dip at home in 10-15 minutes.
Let me now share with you a detailed recipe for making momos dip.
- 3-4 tomatoes, ripe, red, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1/4 inch ginger, roughly chopped
- 1/4 tsp sugar, optional, to balance the taste, I used
- 4-5 dry red chilies, hot variety, soaked in water for 8 hours
- 1/2 tsp salt, or as per taste
Step-By-Step Instructions and Images to Make Tomato Chili Dip
- Soak hot red chilies in water (the variety shown in the photo) for 8 hours.
- Discard the soaked water.
- Take a mixer/blender.
- Add chopped tomatoes, soaked red chilies, garlic cloves, chopped ginger, sugar, and salt.
- Grind adding water little by little to get a smooth and semi-solid paste.
- The dip consistency should be such that, it should evenly coat on the momos while eating.
- Transfer the dip to a serving bowl.
- Serve hot momos with this dip. Happy eating!
Nutritional Information of Tomato Chili Dip
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||0|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 4 g||1%|
|Sugar 0 g|
|Fiber 0 g|
|Protein 0 g|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 2 mg|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|