How to Make Pickled Cucumbers for Burgers
A popular condiment in dishes such as burgers, pickled cucumbers are made by soaking sliced cucumbers in a vinegar solution. In general, pickling is a common way to preserve fruits or vegetables. Allow me to show you this quick pickled cucumber recipe.
- 1 medium size cucumber, sliced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large bowl
- 2 medium bowls
- 1 small bowl
- 1 medium plate
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- chopping board
- In a bowl, add all of the ingredients except for the cucumbers.
- Stir the mixture until all of the solids have completely dissolved.
- Add the cucumber slices.
- Keep the pickled cucumbers inside the refrigerator for at least 1 hour before serving.
Tips and Techniques
- There are so many different brands of vinegar available at the supermarkets. Make sure to taste the vinegar first before adding it to the mixture.
- Adding garlic builds extra flavor.
- Make it spicy by adding chopped chiles.
- Let the cucumber slices sit in the pickling juice for at least an hour before serving. This allows time for the cucumbers to fully absorb the pickling flavors.
Step-by-Step Procedure: Pickled Cucumber
Other Side Dish Recipes
- How to Make Pickled Hawaiian Mangoes (Burong Mangga)
Pickled vegetable is a common delicious side dish or snack enjoyed by everyone. Try this recipe for a sweet, tangy and spicy pickled Hawaiian mangoes or burong mangga.
- How to Make Corn Salsa: A Mexican-Inspired Dish
Mexican salsa is a tasty and versatile condiment that can be added to all kinds of dishes. Corn salsa is a delicious variation to the traditional tomato-based recipe.
© 2019 Travel Chef