How to Make Spicy Soy-Vinegar Dip
This recipe of spicy soy-vinegar dip is a flavorful condiment to enjoy with any fried or grilled foods. I balanced the saltiness and sourness of this dip by adding a little bit of sugar. I also used my homemade chili garlic oil recipe to add a wonderful kick to it!
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon chili garlic oil
- 1 medium bowl
- 3 small bowls
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl until the sugar is dissolved.
- It is best served with fried or grilled foods.
Spicy Soy-Vinegar Dip Step-by-Step Procedure
Tips and Techniques
- Adjust the amount of soy sauce if using the less-sodium variety.
- Add more chili garlic oil to make the dip spicier.
- Sugar balances the acidity and saltiness of the dip.
- Serve the spicy soy-vinegar dip with any fried foods. One idea is the famous Indonesian snack tahu goreng.
- Replace the vinegar with lemon juice to make it a tangy dip.
© 2018 Travel Chef