Instant Green Chili Pickles Recipe
Bite-Sized Spicy Side Dish
Many people don't know that green chilies are good for your health. Truth is that this is one of the healthy and powerful ingredients we Indians use in our recipes. They are high in vitamin C and beta-carotene. They are pain relievers. They have very few calories and no cholesterol.
Green chilies boost your immune system. Eating them in large quantity helps cool the body. They also aid in digestion. The spiciness of green chilies is truly appetizing.
You can make green chili pickles instantly. In this recipe, you have to mix bite-sized chopped green chilies with a few other ingredients. You can use the pickle immediately. However, the real taste of this pickle comes after it sits for two or three days. Store the pickles in a clean, dry glass jar, and they will be good for up to two months.
Now, let me share the recipe with you.
Instant Green Chili Pickles
- 1 heaped cup or 100 g green chilies, chopped into bite-size
- 4 tsp or a little more mustard oil
- 4 tsp vinegar, you can use any variety of vinegar. I used chili vinegar.
- 3 tsp fennel seeds
- 3 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 1/2 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp hing/asafetida powder
- 1 1/2 tsp salt, or as per taste
Step-By-Step Instructions and Images for Making Instant Green Chili Pickles
- I used long green chilies. They are medium hot. Rinse them in water. Pat them dry or dry them in sun for a while.
- Remove the stalk. Chop chilies into bite-size or 1 inch pieces. Collect them in a mixing bowl.
- Now, you take mustard seeds, fennel seeds, fenugreek seeds, and cumin seeds in a wok or deep-pan.
- Just dry saute them for half a minute on low heat or saute them just to get rid of the moisture in them. Turn off the stove.
- Transfer them to a mixer or blender. Grind them to get a coarse powder.
- Add mustard oil and vinegar to the chopped chilies. Mix well with a clean, dry spoon.
- Add ground masala powder, turmeric powder, hing powder, and salt. Thoroughly mix them with the same spoon. Refer the pic for the right consistency of the pickle.
- Now, your favorite instant green chili pickle is ready! You can use it instantly or use it after two-three days. The real taste of this pickle comes after 2-3 days.
- Enjoy spicing-up your meal with these bite-sized chili pickle!
- You can store this pickle in a glass jar and use for up to two months.
Nutritional Information of Green Chili Pickle
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||18|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 2 g||3%|
|Saturated fat 0 g|
|Unsaturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 1 g|
|Sugar 0 g|
|Fiber 0 g|
|Protein 0 g|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 280 mg||12%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|