Pickled Jalapeño Recipe
I decided to try making pickled jalapeños at home. I've tried store-bought pickled jalapeños and thought they were very good, and I've never been a big fan of eating jalapeños straight. They need to be prepared in a way that I can tolerate them!
- 2 cups jalapeños, cut crossway
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seed
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 head dill
For the brine:
- 3 cups white vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons canning salt
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- In a jar, add jalapeños, garlic, mustard seed, cumin, turmeric, and dill.
- Combine brine ingredients in a pot and bring to the boil.
- Pour brine our over jalapeños in the jar. Cover the jar and allow it to cool.
- Place the jar in the refrigerator for 2 weeks before eating.