Melissa is a certified food scientist with over 20 years in the food industry. New food development and matching are her specialties.
It's All About Versatile Condiments
This is a versatile sauce that can be served with tortilla chips, wings, or salad. The inspiration for this sauce came from the Chuy's restaurant chain, which serves something similar. I wanted to re-create the recipe without using a packet of powdered ranch dressing. Instead, I wanted a sauce that uses as many fresh ingredients as possible. You can tweak the amount of garlic, chives, and pepper according to your taste. The sauce will keep in the refrigerator for about three days.
Read More From Delishably
- 2 large jalapeños, stems, seeds and ribs removed
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled with ends removed
- 1/3 cup cilantro
- 1 can Hatch green chiles, drained
- 2 Tbsp chives, course chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh dill, course chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise (I only use Duke's, no sponsorship)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp your favorite hot sauce (optional)
- Buttermilk, as needed
- Place all ingredients except buttermilk in a food processor and puree until smooth. Add buttermilk to create the desired thickness. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving. Refrigeration will thicken the mixture.
Rate This Recipe
© 2018 Melissa Holton