Lemony Dill Dressing: An Easy-to-Make, Vegan Alternative to Dairy-Based Ranch
Ranch-Style Flavor Perfect for Potlucks and Parties
I started making this dressing years ago as a vegan alternative to the ranch-style mayo-and-milk dressing called for in "Layered Vegetable Salad" (Better Homes and Gardens New Cook Book). It has since become a family favorite. It works beautifully with tossed and layered lettuce-based salads, as well as with broccoli salad. It doubles as a dip too, the perfect compliment to a veggie tray. I always get compliments and recipe requests when I take this to a party.
Parts & Parcels
- 1/4 cup vegan mayo, like Veganaise or Just Mayo
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice, fresh-squeezed or bottled
- 1 Tablespoon agave
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill or 1/2 teaspoon finely minced fresh dill
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder, optional adds a ranch-like flavor
Methods & Madness
1. In a small mixing bowl, whisk all ingredients together.
2. Using a spatula, pour/scrape into serving or storage container.
3. Store, covered, in refrigerator for up to one week.
Based on a 1 Tablespoon Serving of Dressing
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||54|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 6 g||9%|
|Saturated fat 0 g|
|Unsaturated fat 6 g|
|Carbohydrates 3 g||1%|
|Sugar 3 g|
|Fiber 0 g|
|Protein 0 g|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 56 mg||2%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Questions & Answers
© 2017 Stacy Becker